Thread: What varieties of tomatoes and peppers will you plants this year?

Default What varieties of tomatoes and peppers will you plants this year?

So far I have planted 4 King of the North sweet bell peppers, an Early Jalapeņo, and a Tabasco pepper. On april 1 I will plant my tomatoes. 2 Early Girls, 2 Stupice, a Sun Gold and a Tiny Tim. Cucumbers, zucchini, squash and others will be later. What varieties will you plant this year and will you grow outside or in a greenhouse?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon3464 View Post
    So far I have planted 4 King of the North sweet bell peppers, an Early Jalapeņo, and a Tabasco pepper. On april 1 I will plant my tomatoes. 2 Early Girls, 2 Stupice, a Sun Gold and a Tiny Tim. Cucumbers, zucchini, squash and others will be later. What varieties will you plant this year and will you grow outside or in a greenhouse?
    This year I've started some Stupice, Early Girl, 4th of July, Legend, Brandywine, Black Krim, and brandy Boy. I tried to grow tomatoes outside for too many years. Gave up a couple yrs ago and built a little green house to grow them. It works much better for me this way. I also grow a few cucumbers in the GH.

For you guys who tinker with early season cultivars, try Sasha Altai and Bloody Butcher, both are very early and are very good tomatoes. BB is alot like Stupice, but redder, Sasha Altai is a standard size Tomato size, and has big tomato flavor.

I have many varieties of tomatoes and peppers, but my most anticipated ungrown cultivars for 2014, concerning tomatoes, are Stump Of The World, Dester, and Bear Creek. For peppers it is Giant Aconagua.

Quote Originally Posted by mark oathout View Post
    For you guys who tinker with early season cultivars, try Sasha Altai and Bloody Butcher, both are very early and are very good tomatoes. BB is alot like Stupice, but redder, Sasha Altai is a standard size Tomato size, and has big tomato flavor.
    either a typo or a Sr moment, but I have a few Bloody butchers started and No Brandy Boy.. I wanted to try some Brandy boys but guess I ran out of room before I got that far. I've rearranged my GH hoping to give me more room to grow a couple more varieties this year..