Thread: cerakote avail in anc ?

Default cerakote avail in anc ?

Is there any store near anchorage that sells cerakote?

I am looking to coat my bolts in a stainless color....

maybe I should just have someone do it for me and get the whole rifle done...

I know Paul (preed on this forum) is using it in his business Alaska Hydrographics in Palmer. If you do Facebook, he has his business page on there with lots of pictures of his work. I know he's using Cerakote and Duracote.

I had Phil at Precision Cerakote do some work for me. Don't know if he sells just the coating tho.

Phone: (907) 244-4755
    Email: AKHUNTERPHIL@GMAIL.COM
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

Preed does water transfers and Duracote but I don't see anything about cerakote. Trijet in palmer does Cerakote along with a couple others.
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    Preed does water transfers and Duracote but I don't see anything about cerakote. Trijet in palmer does Cerakote along with a couple others.
    I was wrong. He does barrels it looks in his Alaskan package. Hmmm.
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

Use Dura Coat!! Brake cleaner and lacquer thinner will take Cearakote right off. But it won't touch Dura Coat.

SO.......Is Dura Coat the most scratch/chip/whatever finish available in the Anchorage area..........NOTE: I need a Flat White finish.

Thank You.

Bump Bump..........

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    SO.......Is Dura Coat the most scratch/chip/whatever finish available in the Anchorage area..........NOTE: I need a Flat White finish.

Thank You.
    I'd never say anything is the mostest bestest end all stuff but Duracoat when well applied becomes a durable finish after a month or so. It's very good, couldn't and wouldn't say best.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Custom rifles View Post
    Use Dura Coat!! Brake cleaner and lacquer thinner will take Cearakote right off. But it won't touch Dura Coat.
    I have never of this before for Cerakote. In fact they have testing info on their site with resistance info to various chemicals. Googling I can't find anybody saying this is a problem on any site. Where did you come by the info.

Quote Originally Posted by akraven View Post
    I have never of this before for Cerakote. In fact they have testing info on their site with resistance info to various chemicals. Googling I can't find anybody saying this is a problem on any site. Where did you come by the info.
    There seems to be someone out there passing off what seems to be rattle can paint as both Cerakoat and Duracoat. I have no idea who it is but I've had 3 of these come through here now and one of them on my bench right now. No idea who it is but I usuley see the very good work from both the forum members here in the Valley, preed and hunt-AK so poorly applyed Krylon with buildup and runs stands out . . . And will come right off with brake cleaner.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    There seems to be someone out there passing off what seems to be rattle can paint as both Cerakoat and Duracoat. I have no idea who it is but I've had 3 of these come through here now and one of them on my bench right now. No idea who it is but I usuley see the very good work from both the forum members here in the Valley, preed and hunt-AK so poorly applyed Krylon with buildup and runs stands out . . . And will come right off with brake cleaner.
    Thanks for the update. I wondered when I read it because all my research was it was one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by akraven View Post
    Thanks for the update. I wondered when I read it because all my research was it was one of the best.
    I don't know if was paint in that case or not but it sounds like it. I've never tested them but Duracoat and Cerakote seem to withstand brake cleaner just fine.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I don't use brake cleaner, but my Cerakote covered barrel doesn't have any problems with Hoppes #9 or ATF.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...at-vs-duracoat
    Last edited by Ryan J; 04-23-2014 at 15:50. Reason: Adding link