Thread: Charters

Default Charters

Are the charters in Seward getting pretty well booked for Aug. 2014. Hope to be in Anchorage for that month.

With the Silver Salmon Derby and all, the closer you get the harder it is to find a spot or two. A lot of the Highliners will already have every day from June 15th-August 15th booked with trips or close to it. Right now is a great time to book a trip.
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Quote Originally Posted by fishergirl View Post
    Are the charters in Seward getting pretty well booked for Aug. 2014. Hope to be in Anchorage for that month.
    Yes the good charters are usually booked solid 6-8 months in advance if not sooner.
    You might check if one of the good ones has had a cancellation or something.
    If you find a seat do your homework as to their reputation before purchasing.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Everyone I know here has room in August right now. June and July are getting tight for many.

So AKCAPT, I'm getting bleary-eyed searching for a great trip out of Seward. Want a halibut/salmon combo and anything else caught is just a bonus. My problem is it is next to impossible to sort through what people say. I get ready to book somebody and then read a negative experience from somebody else on this forum. Frustrating to say the least. The last thing anyone wants is to spend the money to get to Alaska from the lower 48 and have a bad experience fishing. I think I have narrowed my choices down to the following and would appreciate your opinion---Pro Fisn N Sea, Semaka Charters, Tim Berg's Alaskan Fishing Adventures, Fish House Charters and Aurora Charters. I believe all these are out of Seward which is what we want. Appreciate any help you can provide.

I went out with Pro Fish N Sea last year and was more than happy, the captain worked hard to put us on good fish.

I would put ProFishNSea and Semaka above the others on your list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went with Pro-fish-N-Sea July 21st and was very impressed with the whole outfit. Steve did a great job and Kionni (spelling?) busted his rear end all day. Wouldn't hesitate to book with them again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I own a fishing charter in Seward, so the last thing I am going to do is rank fishing charters in Seward. I would say that there are some very knowledgable people on this forum who can provide guidance without bias and you should listen to them. I will say that fishing is goofed enough this year that you should expect to catch limits on combo trips on most days for sure.

I used Tim bergs this year... 2 days in a row... First week of June... Good weather the first day... 80#er and a 28.5 incher plus limit of rock bass... 6 foot seas the second day... Two 26-28 inchers and a limit of rock bass... And glad to have them... I will NEVER pay over 350$ again as I did last year for 2 chickens...

I have fished for many years in Seward and I would recommend Pro Fish n Sea, Crackerjack, and Crackerjack Voyager. They are all out of the same office and it may be hard to find a spot still open this year but if you watch the loads come in on a regular basis you will see the results that these guys have is far better than most on the docks. Good Luck.