Thread: A crazy conversion project idea....

Default A crazy conversion project idea....

So I've got an old 1977 Chevy camper van. It doesn't run anymore and I doubt I'd get anything out of it. So I wonder, perhaps I can convert it to a pull behind ice shanty. It's got everything one would want: stove, foldout sofa/ bed, a loft, cupboards. In fact the interior Is still in excellent shape. I jus wonder would anything think it would be light enough to haul with a good strong snowmachine if I stripped the wheels, rims, engine compartment, and the frame? I think it would be a really neat project with a little money. I would think the actual camper itself wouldn't weigh anymore than some of the big shantys I see out there at Louise. Any opinions?

Release Lake Trout

I want to see this if it happens.

I have pulled over 1/2 cord of dry spruce with my Skandic SWT 600 ace which weighs probably 1500lbs? It handles it pretty well up and down small hills, and very well over flat surfaces. Not sure what you're riding, but I think it could work. Check out some of the ice shacks use on Lake of the Woods in Minnesota.

Check on Iceshanty.com under the ice shack forum. I've seen many crazy contraptions over there.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by bodycount View Post
    I want to see this if it happens.

I have pulled over 1/2 cord of dry spruce with my Skandic SWT 600 ace which weighs probably 1500lbs? It handles it pretty well up and down small hills, and very well over flat surfaces. Not sure what you're riding, but I think it could work. Check out some of the ice shacks use on Lake of the Woods in Minnesota.
    Ya but in mn the resorts plow roads all over the lake to the main mud flats and reefs so you can easily pull your 28 foot ice castle with your truck.

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

exactly what I thought.....you might get it in, but getting out, even in MN on the roads they have issues lol.