Thread: PROGRADE Bear rounds

Default PROGRADE Bear rounds

I saw some Prograde 320 gr. hard cast 44 mag. ammo that is labeled "Bear Grade". Anyone familiar with this manufacturer? Thanks.

Never heard of them. My question would be, "what grade is bear grade"? Is it similar to "match grade"? What does that actually mean to label something "bear grade"? I'm pretty sure the folks who make the ammo would have a hard time telling you what that actually means, if anything. After all, it is made by "Prograde".
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

I totally agree with gunbugs! Not knocking the product at all since I have no knowledge of them, but IMHO when picking a bear load for potential SHTF situations I will stick with well known and proven loads that I have shot previously and know how they penetrate into logs and how they handle in my firearm.

***I looked at the website (Montana folks) after writing my above comment and the 44 mag bear loads look ballistically similar to Buffalo Bore. They have a wide variety of ammo loads listed and I may check them out if available locally....

Site here for y'all to check it out.

http://www.progradeammo.com/index.html

Well . . . At least it ain't zombie grade.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Well . . . At least it ain't zombie grade.
    Yeah but....zombie grade is in a class by itself don'tcha know?
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Lots of bigger outfits put Bear ammo or dangerous game ammo on their boxes.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

double tap lied to me. I never needed to dispatch an animal with anymore than one 320 grainer? honestly, I could care less about the name, any 320 grain hardcast from a 44 magnum, is going to do it's job, and do it well.

Shot placement!!!

I have been using the 20 round pack .44 mag they sell at Walmart "Backpacker Ammo." It comes in a flat hardshell case. They had both hard cast lead and soild brass 330 320 grain bullets. I just went to the Prograde website and couldn't find any pictures. I haven't had to put any bears down but I load em up when sockeye fishing at Sweetheart Creek in Juneau where you share the pools and trails with some bruins.

Sobie2