Thread: Denali Highway Clean Up Day May 31st 2014!

Default Denali Highway Clean Up Day May 31st 2014!

Got our date all set up! Get your wheelers out and come on up! 2 free nights May 30th, May 31st. Potluck! This was a huge success last year, so we are looking forward to doing it again. We picked up nearly 6 truckloads of trash. This year, we are cleaning between Cantwell and the Maclaren River. The BLM has called and they are going to do a clean up day from Paxson to Maclaren River in July. Last year, we still had snow around, so we missed a lot! I don't expect we'll ever see a spring like that again! Sponsors are welcome! Last year, we had the Boy Scouts cooking a waffle breakfast, Three Bears donated some of the food, and Conoco donated trash bags, pickers, vests, goggles, etc!

I set up an event page on Facebook and here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/events/2812...t_mall_comment

Just give Jennifer a call to grab a cabin or room in the lodge! 907-743-0565

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

I'll handle from crazy notch near the Maclaren east to rock creek. Gotta keep it clean for all the road hunters. Good luck on the west side. I wouldn't mind a few volunteers to help east of the Maclaren. It seems to be a very popular spot for caribou/moose road hunters in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

You guys rock! Thanks for your efforts! I don't know about that weekend yet but I always pick up a few bags of trash when I am up there in the Fall. It's amazing the broken glass,beer cans, and melted plastic a few drunk campers can leave. Those horse hunters really trashed the pullout near the Maclaren last fall and may be the group that moved to the little Clearwater. Hay and horse **** and trash all over the place. I like to think that picking up other peoples crap builds karma.Giving out 12000 permits last year is like opening a landfill along the highway.....
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Sounds great Highest View! This was such great fun last year, and it's a great way to get the wheelers out and rolling for spring. We picked up so much last year in a short distance, that this year we should get much further, and also down some trails. Make sure you guys bring your rifles! Grizzlies are open season! Just need a hunting license, and there's plenty around! Hope you can make it Solly!
    Claude

What sort of shape is the highway in now, Claude? Have you seen DOT scraping it yet?
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Hey that sounds like a great project Claude, I'll check our schedules but I think Clay and I will come up and lend a hand.

Todd

Skinny, the highway is great. The first 10 miles is a little icy, but after that it is decent! I spoke to the DOT Friday and they said they are starting plowing on April 14th from Cantwell. The Paxson side will begin plowing on April 7th. The Paxson side won't get far, as they pull off to work the Arctic Man event. Cantwell DOT says they expect to be to the Susitna Bridge by April 21st.
    Sounds great Todd!! We look forward to seeing you out here. Once it's final, let us know so we can make sure you have a room or cabin.

Thanks!
    Claude