Thread: Spring snow goose in Missouri

Default Spring snow goose in Missouri

Had a great hunt out of mound city this year we took 129 geese in 4 days. This is the second year I've done this and I have more fun each time I go. It was amazing to go to the refuge and see close to two million geese in one spot. I can't wait to do it again.
    I also had the pleasure of meeting this guy, and yes behind us is about a million birds.

Life is too short to pass up a day of hunting

Looks like one heck of good time. Makes my trigger finger itch, just looking all the birds in the pictures. Snow goose hunt is definitely on the to do list in the very near future. Was Fred and crew down their filming?
    Jesse
    HR SHR JR's Gunny Dog "Ermey"
    SR JR's Marsh Mangling Mindy
    SR JR's LNR Thicket Thrashing Trixie

Tony sent you a pm looks like a great time congrats on a great hunt
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Quote Originally Posted by thelast2 View Post
    Looks like one heck of good time. Makes my trigger finger itch, just looking all the birds in the pictures. Snow goose hunt is definitely on the to do list in the very near future. Was Fred and crew down their filming?
    Yeah they hunt with the outfitter I was hunting with so I knew they were coming in. I ran into them when we went through the refuge to look at the birds. They were there getting some footage. He was a really nice guy to talk to and even though I felt like the ****** bag asking for a pic he was great about it, he's a very talkative guy.

Yeah I was that guy... "can I take a picture with you"

I don't think there are many waterfowlers who wouldn't want to get a pic taken with Fred, and maybe pick his brain on some calling techniques. I know I would have shamelessly asked to get a pic taken.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    I don't think there are many waterfowlers who wouldn't want to get a pic taken with Fred, and maybe pick his brain on some calling techniques. I know I would have shamelessly asked to get a pic taken.
    Very true, seems to be humble guy who started from small beginnings and hasn't let his popularity get in the way of that. I would have wanted a picture with him also.
    Jesse
    HR SHR JR's Gunny Dog "Ermey"
    SR JR's Marsh Mangling Mindy
    SR JR's LNR Thicket Thrashing Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    I was able to talk with him for a while but had to run and catch a plane. I would have liked to talk longer and he would have but I'm sure it's a pain sometimes to be harassed all the time. A different setting and I would have been asking all kinds of questions. I was happy for the picture and let him get back to his business.