Thread: Lake Trout question...ford fenders

Default Lake Trout question...ford fenders

I've got some friends coming up in June and since we can't fish the Kenai for kings we're going to spend a day or two fishing for Lake Trout on the Kenai Peninsula. Does anyone know if ford fenders or flashers like them work? What do you run behind them? Any and all advice is welcome. Also, if you have any secret spots send me a PM. Thanks.

My buddys dad would just put Rapala 4inch or 6 inch shads so he didnt have to mess wirh bait. he said he would only be 20 ft down at that time of year. Dont forget you can always fish Homer Lagoon if you want fresh kings. Ive seen some bruisers in there at that time to.
    Got to look good even in defeat. IMAGE is everything.

A light flutter spoon works great trolled with a little wt in front of it. Or you can jig with white tubes. Rapalas have their time and place too.

Run divers with Lindy Rigs or Hoochies. You can always plug cut herring as well. Ever think of trolling plugs? All of it works as long as you are working the right depths of water.
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Quote Originally Posted by live4chrome View Post
    A light flutter spoon works great trolled with a little wt in front of it. Or you can jig with white tubes. Rapalas have their time and place too.
    OK: First please release any lg lake trout you catch...and i want regret giving this advise. In June those fish will not be deep as mentioned earlier, you can troll, but pitching or trolling a lg white tube is my lure of choice. I'm not sure what they think it is, but lakers will jerk your arm off when they strike. Best of luck and remember take a picture and let they fish live to grow even larger.