Thread: Bushrat where are you??

Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIRONDACK MTS.

Default Bushrat where are you??

Everyone misses your pictures and your stories about the trapline!! What`s happening???

One of those notorious Tundra Yetti must have gotten him.....

He has been in town trying to trap those greasy politicians. Got em on the run he does.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

He has been baffling them with common sense and facts.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

If fact on his front door it says " break glass in case of stupid politicians". The sad thing is china is working three shifts to produce enough glass...

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Last I saw of him, he and his better half where finishing up an awesome sushi meal, having some fine homemade mead, and discussing the well laid plans for a governmental regime coup....

Ok.....I lied...

...The mead wasn't THAT fine.....

-Grin-
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post

Ok.....I lied...

...The mead wasn't THAT fine.....

you are a double liar! It was awesome mead!!
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

As a trapper you know never to drink what yellow and in a jar from another trapper. That mead was mark's favorite beaver castor. .....

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Guys, had a family emergency earlier in the winter, had to fly down to SoCal to help take care of my mom. So I haven't been posting. Finally back home, and after the L.A. freeway scene, the incredible masses of humanity down there, the fact that I was beginning to curse out other drivers <grin> ... it's pretty awesome to be back home in the middle of the middle of nowhere.

Enjoyed being at BOG meeting and meeting new folks, making new friends, and (unfortunately) possibly making new enemies. But dang it someone had to say it <grin>.

And I don't remember any mead, Mike ... I think I was probably drinking something stronger, and Dave can back me up on that I'm sure!

Oh, the marten enjoyed our absence btw. Who knew the damage a pack of marten could do. Or the fear they would strike into a couple as they slept at night, creeping upstairs, growling, demanding we give them "their" bed back. They left no shelf or nook and cranny unturned. It actually seemed worse than when a bear gets into a cabin. Was a bit spooky getting back home, seeing porch window broken, peering inside. Wasn't really sure if a wolverine or bear was living in there, weapons were all inside ... grabbed the .41 revolver and stumbled into main room over all manner of things over the floor, buckets, tools, chainsaw ... and you should have seen me jump when the first marten came out a growling. Little critters but they can be quite scary. Especially when they all think they own the place. Still cleaning up. They even did something else unusual. They got into the sauna, nibbled away the soap in there, didn't touch much else but laid down a near perfect line of poop all along in front of the sauna bench where you stand. Like some purposeful signal of some kind? hehe

Had to DLP a big black bear boar before. But never a marten. Really don't know which one scared me more!

them's be some unstable sable. glad you made it back. your dog repair using superglue on the hair....really works btw.

Yeah, must be rough with hundred dollar bills running around your place. Ever need help getting rid of them you know where I am.. Glad your back!

Steve

Very glad your back sir, missed the pics and tales on the line! Hopefully things went well for the family matters....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

You want some cheese with that whine??? Never heard a trapper complain about being overrun with marten lol maybe send them downriver there are next to none down this way!!!
    I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................