Thread: getting ready /scent most important /feels like christmas

Default getting ready /scent most important /feels like christmas

I am getting excited bout spring bear and as usual I always seem to go overboard but I love it. with my partner we will set up 3 stands so this may not be enough but will get us started. I am convinced that the heavier the scent is in the beginning of the season the quicker they find it and stay at your sight providing you keep enough bait for them .

Today feels like Christmas Jess from Baitem 907 delivered my start up order.

I got twelve bait balls.
    Anise, blueberry, Cherry (my favorite it is a strong call) and because I am really wanting a grizzly Beaver Castor. The beaver castor balls have actual real beaver castor.

Then I got the yo yo's to throw in the anise think I got 12 of them

Then cover spray. I got 10 bottles I like cherry and anise

then I got sweet surrender you wet your popcorn or dog food just a mist and spray this on it I got blueberry muffin, cotton candy, and cinnamon roll,

I started making my bear lollipops which I tie to trees and if they run out of bait or they another bear is at the bait they will just lay down and lick it its like a jolly rancher I will make about 25-30 of them,

Then the popcorn treat 2 buckets of popcorn some marshmallows honey cherry jello and 2 packs of jelly beans I melt it and then mix it and let it dry they love it.

obviously the dog food and other stuff will be added to the barrel.

I just though I would share some of my prep work Most people might think that's too much and they get bears with less. Probably true but I have a almost as much fun preparing as I do hunting them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fairbanks, Alaska

Curious about your popcorn treat if you would like to share more info

Fishing your hole before you get there

Man, that's making me hungry let alone a bear
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

For the popcorn i melt marshmallows 3-4 bags and add a couple cuod of watet and some honey
    When its melted i put in 2 packs of cherry jello and mix it up. Then i mix all that with a couple buckets
    Of popcorn and while mixibg throw in jelly beans then i let it dry
    For a couple days it gets kinda rubbery i rip it into small baseball size chunks to mix with dog food

Peanut butter
    They'll like it for hours!! Plus track that everywhere
    Plus isn't effected by water!
    Even add jelly
    Everything loves a good pbj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk