Thread: Kenai Peninsula Archers Shoot

Default Kenai Peninsula Archers Shoot

Just a reminder to everyone, We will be having a 3-D shoot this Saturday at the Arc Loop range. June 2nd @ 1:00 pm. Come early to help set up or stay a while after to pick up if you can. We will also be having a short meeting to discuss the upcoming Independence shoot. Hope to see lots of people here.

Rick Main
    283-5296
    398-9537

GOT EMAIL THIS EVENING THOUGHT I WOULD PASS IT ON- PAT
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

HAD 9 SHOOTERS IN THE DRIZZLING RAIN, FUN SHOOT EXCEPT A WAITED UNTIL LAST 2 TARGETS TO FINALLY START SHOOTING WORTH A DARN
    KPA IS HOSTING THE STATE (ASAA) 3-D SHOOT AGAIN THIS YEAR, 2 DAY EVENT, 30 JUNE-1 JUL, ( W/E B4 4TH OF JULY) COME JOIN US I WILL POST MORE INFO LATER. AS I HEAR IT, HERE IS WHAT I KNOW-
    $30 FOR BOTH DAYS, 50 TARGETS (30 FIRST DAY AND 20 SECOND)
    LUNCH WILL BE AVAILABLE, PLENTY OF ROOM FOR CAMPERS AND TENTS
    THERE WERE ABOUT 50 SHOOTERS LAST YEAR
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default Questions about Shoot June 30-July 1

What is the format for the ASAA State Shoot?
    1) Is the yardage going to be marked or unmarked?
    2) Will the targets be standard 3-D, or will they spray orange spots like they do at Redding?

Thanks-

3-d Targets. I Beleive They Are Marked Yardage Shoots

Cool-
    At Redding, they spray orange spots on the 3D targets, so it's really a glorified spot shoot, the spots are just on 3D targets.
    (They did that at the Spring bear shjoot in Palmer this year :{

I hope that's not what you guys will do, who ever heard of a caribou or bear with an orange dot painted over the vitals........

Should see you there-
    Dave

Default Painted Bears

Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    Cool-

I hope that's not what you guys will do, who ever heard of a caribou or bear with an orange dot painted over the vitals........

Dave

I heard there were bears at the Russian that had paint!!

In The Past They Have Not Put Any Spots On Them. Hopefully That Will Not Change

AK NIMROD, can you give me contact info & prices to join the club in Soldotna?
    I probably won't shoot the 3D matches, but would like to be able to go out & shoot the course during the week.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

contact
    Rick Main
    283-5296
    398-9537

he should be able to help you out

Quote Originally Posted by AK NIMROD View Post
    contact
    Rick Main
    283-5296
    398-9537

he should be able to help you out
    Thanks, I'll get ahold of him.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

HAD WORK PART YESTERDAY TO GET READY FOR SHOOT NEXT WEEK END HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU THERE.
    5-6 OF US GOT ALOT DONE. WILL FINISH LATER IN WEEK.
    WILL ENCLOSE A FEW PICTURES.

had great weather , started to rain just at end, I think official count was 44 shooters. and bugs were not too bad. great w/e other than i shot terrible
    i believe there is a 2 day shoot next w/e in Anchorage, Kinkaid Park , shooting starts @ 1pm. check with Scott @ Fletchers he will know for sure.