Thread: PONTOON BOAT just a tidbit

Default PONTOON BOAT just a tidbit

one persom pontoon boats at a ome of the langest BOX store in Anchorage, GREAT PRICE CAN"T BETTEN enen at the show the last of MAR.2014 SID

Sid, I do not understand what you are saying. What type of pontoon boat and where would be helpful.
    Thanks
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

yeah, link goes to a $461 tarp for a "pontoon boat". WTH?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    yeah, link goes to a $461 tarp for a "pontoon boat". WTH?
    This link in his post wasn't put there by him. That is done with the website software. It recognizes certain words or phrases and automatically provides links it thinks are related. I will us pontoon boat as an example. I did not insert any kind of link in that last sentence, it just showed up automatically.

He didn't link that. The link was put there automagically by Skumwords. (advertising that benefits this site).

What, so now we have to delibertly missspelllllll wrods. so links that we don't want won't show up?

Familyman - I always thought that "wooshing sound" was the toilet flushing.

now that we have had fun try Costco they have them in stock it is a ONE person unit
    SID

How much? I need one for my wife and I'll be up in a couple weeks.

Just remember all boats are not created equal; thus the wide difference in pricing. Consider how much money you are able to spend, where you will be using the boat, and what kind of storage options you have. Bladder material, skin material, overall weight, comfort of the seat, oar construction and rowing configuration are all things to consider when buying your boat. Pontoon configuration is also important. If lake fishing, rockers really stink. In white water, they're great. Straight pontoons track much better in still water and don't turn as quickly in the wind. Take a thin plastic bladdered, cordura covered raft down a rocky, fast flowing river to see what I'm talking about.

There may only be a hundred to two hundred dollar difference between a boat that won't serve you very well and one that's perfect for your needs and your budget... or maybe the cheapest one will fit you perfectly, and you'll have saved the coin, or have a boat when you couldn't afford one otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    Just remember all boats are not created equal; thus the wide difference in pricing. Consider how much money you are able to spend, where you will be using the boat, and what kind of storage options you have. Bladder material, skin material, overall weight, comfort of the seat, oar construction and rowing configuration are all things to consider when buying your boat. Pontoon configuration is also important. If lake fishing, rockers really stink. In white water, they're great. Straight pontoons track much better in still water and don't turn as quickly in the wind. Take a thin plastic bladdered, cordura covered raft down a rocky, fast flowing river to see what I'm talking about.

There may only be a hundred to two hundred dollar difference between a boat that won't serve you very well and one that's perfect for your needs and your budget... or maybe the cheapest one will fit you perfectly, and you'll have saved the coin, or have a boat when you couldn't afford one otherwise.
    True that! Don't take the cheap one on the parks…….you will be walking……..seen it happen many times. Not to mention people think they are toys and float down places they probably shouldn't.

cOSTCO 9 FOOT $349.00 METAL FRAME THEY DO LOOK GOOD I GOT 2 THERE AN THEY ARE FRIST RATE QUALITY [ I THINK ]
    SID

Can we stop calling these boats "pontoon" boats? They are not pontoons, they are tubes strapped to a frame to form a cataraft. Say it with me now....CATARAFT. Thanks.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Quote Originally Posted by DannerAK View Post
    Can we stop calling these boats "pontoon" boats? They are not pontoons, they are tubes strapped to a frame to form a cataraft. Say it with me now....CATARAFT. Thanks.
    Only reading what's on the box.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Only reading what's on the box.
    alright they are pontoon boats, I guess. Still won't hear me call them that.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

I always thought they were called poontang boats. Guess i was wrong
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Long as folks can figger out what you're talking about, dudn't matter what you call them.

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    I always thought they were called poontang boats. Guess i was wrong
    Comes in a different box, I believe.