I posted what I consider to be some pretty simple Alaska trivia questions over on my facebook page. Only one person seemed to know any of them...
Time for the REAL ALASKANS QUIZ. Presented by Dragonfly Aero in Homer. Questions real Alaskans would know.
1. Doctor Roland and George ?
a. Former Mayors of Anchorage.
b. North American World Dog Sled Champions and Fur Rondy Race champions. late 50s to the 70s
c. Founded the Iron Dog snow machine race.
2.Not where she used to be, before 64....?
a. Cordova AK.
b. Seward AK
C. Valdez AK.
3. This Hudson was a Stuck.
a. First AST patrol car was a Hudson Hornet stuck in the mud for 20 years.
b. Dog mushing Episcopal priest who climbed Denali in 1913 and founded hospitals and churches.
c. Refers to the MV Hudson which was grounded below Stuck Again Heights for almost 50 years.
4. Where the Yukon, Porcupine and Sucker all meet.
a. Fort Yukon AK, most northern part of the Yukon
b. Old Alaskan bar joke.
c. Tanana AK.
5. In Fox Alaska, the proper response is " **** Right I am !"
a. The Fox Moose hall.
b. The Fox Elks.
C. The Turtle Club.
6. Which Wally did it twice, but not in a row?
a. Gov Wally Hickel.
b. Mayor Wally Atwood.
C. Senator Wally Sullivan.
7. If you are looking for a Haunted Grocery store on the Seward Hwy, you stop at...?
a. Cooper Landing trading post.
b. Estes Grocery in Moose Pass.
c. Brown and Hawkin in Seward.
8. What town lost two city blocks along it's whole shore during the 1964 earthquake?
9. Before it was a State prison, it was an Air Force Base.
a. Lemon Creek in Juneau.
b. Wildwood in Kenai
c. Fairbanks Jail.
10. Don S. and Cliff H. had similar, but competing, businesses in what town?
a. Talkeetna, Both were famous Bush Pilots.
b. Anchorage, one founded Anchorage International and the other Merrill field.
c. Fairbanks, they both made replica river boats for tourist.
11. The first capital of Alaska.
12. In 1974, KENI Channel 2, now KTUU started an Alaskan kids show. Was it..?
a. Larry Beck the Old Sourdough.
b. Mother Moose.
c. Frontier Kids Adventures.
13. This is the second longest on in the world.
a. Homer, Spit.
b. Yukon Quest
c. Alaska Pipeline.
14. Where Wyatt Earp owned the Dexter Bar.
a. Wrangell Alaska.
b. Skagway Alaska
c. Nome, Alaska