Thread: So how many on here shoot .338 Marlin Express?

Default So how many on here shoot .338 Marlin Express?

The reason I ask is that I was in Sportsman's Warehouse the other day and they had 12 (12!!) boxes of .338 ME ammo. I don't make it to town all that often but I had never seen so many there at once. I offered to purchase all 12 right then and there (yeah, greedy- but in my defense I live in the bush and don't get to Anchorage but maybe once a year or so), telling the guy that I'd actually be doing them a solid by taking them off their hands. I was told that no, the limit was a firm three. So I paid for my three and left to catch my plane.

So who would I have been denying had they let me take all 12? Or would the good folks here have considered it public service to remove all 12?

Hmmm... It seems to me I'm hearing crickets in here; so left to the good folks of this forum I'd have been welcome to walk out with all 12 boxes and there would have been no hard feelings.

I know a guy that hunts with such a boomstick, make that two guys...........
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

A friend of mine USED to use one, 1895 xlr 338 marlin, until I told him what they are selling for on Gunbroker.......................

Now he leaves it in the safe...........
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Hey travelers

Yeah, I've seen what they go for, when one manages to get listed on GB. It's always considerably more than the less than 700 I paid when they first came out. It's enough to make me consider unloading it in order to finance other purchases. But I just can't seem to seriously entertain thoughts of letting go of it. It shoots like a dream, has plenty of oomph, almost no recoil and just plain makes every success picture look sexier.

Great rifle and caliber. I own one and it flings a 200 grain bullet with the trajectory of a 30-06.

Hey AKFrontier! Finally someone else willing to own up. Very cool and I'm with you on the caliber. Maybe it's just as well they wouldn't let me buy all 12 boxes.

Default Me and my big mouth

My wife had to go to Anchorage this week for work. She called last night to tell me that SW had ZERO boxes of .338 ME ammo left. Hmmm... those 9 boxes disappeared fairly quickly. Bummer. (for me anyway)