Thread: Time Sensitive : Huntable Injured Calf AM 415

Default Time Sensitive : Huntable Injured Calf AM 415

If you know someone with a permit for the special hunt, there is a legal calf moose in my yard this morning. We are in the Sutton hunt area. The calf has a broken front leg and has difficulty walking around. I previously spoke to Fish and game about it. It is a legal one year old calf. I do not need a share of it, but you must clean up the remains form my yard. Call me for directions, 746-0601.

IMO, this is the only good thing about the ridiculous "nuisance" or "hot spot" hunts. A legal means to take care of a distressed/injured critter. Hope you get a quick taker on this. Good of you to post it.

The injured calf left my property for now. If you might be interested,if I see it again, leave me a pm with a phone number and I will call you if it shows up again.

For every good dead, there will be someone there to say lets check those communication records ... and propose its a hunting violation using electronic communication equipment. At least if I were a hunter, I wouldn't touch this issue without comment by the AHJ.

Sad to see a calf suffer ... "semantics really" but perhaps call the trooper to put it down ... and possibly let a Am415 permit holder take the carcass away.

#Rep sent#

Quote Originally Posted by Wet eNuf View Post
    ... there will be someone there to say lets check those communication records ... and propose its a hunting violation using electronic communication equipment. At least if I were a hunter, I wouldn't touch this issue without comment by the AHJ.
    Huh? Then, I suppose that calling the ADF&G's caribou hotline to gather info on where the animals are would also be violating the 'no-electronic communication' rule, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Smile Bad Rod, bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Rod in Wasilla View Post
    Huh? Then, I suppose that calling the ADF&G's caribou hotline to gather info on where the animals are would also be violating the 'no-electronic communication' rule, eh?
    Rod, what the heck are ya doing there, bringing some common sense to this argument???? This is for you:

Great job longshot trying to do the right thing. +1 sir