Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GUN Show...........REPORTS.....??? From this Weekend ????

Default GUN Show...........REPORTS.....??? From this Weekend ????

Good show........???? What did you find interesting.....???? Buy anything.......???

what time does it open? it's only 9:00 am right now....

Is the Mountain House distributor going to be there? ....thats what I'm mainly after, I need to get several cases .

Lions in palmer

Decent stuff.

Picked up a Leupold scope and some ammo.

Deals if you know what you want and happen upon the right thing.

There was a pile of Mountain house on one vendor table.

I should go to it. I want a new 1911 but not sure if anyone there can beat 3 Bears prices.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    what time does it open? it's only 9:00 am right now....

Is the Mountain House distributor going to be there? ....thats what I'm mainly after, I need to get several cases .
    Apparently, he WAS there. I seen a huge pile if Mountain House.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I found a book I've been looking for, Mountain Sheep by Valerius Geist. I'm pleased with the find.

Good Show, plenty guns, and they, the Lions, allowed parking in the rear this time. (Just like with GSs put on by everyone else)

I didn't see very many guns that were priced to sell.

I did see some I'd never seen before, and that was encouraging.

I bought a ML pistol. Now, I don't hafta wait till the Gunshows to see that one.

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

ya I picked up some Mountain House, can't believe they were missing some of the better ones, like buffalo chicken and seafood chowder, oh well .

A little bigger than I thought it would be but a lot of what I call junk, and nothing I would call a good deal. My favorite part was seeing guys trying to sell a $25 brick of .22 LR for $75 or in one case $88. Can't blame them for trying I guess... Last gun show I'll be to in this state if that's how they are.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin476 View Post
    My favorite part was seeing guys trying to sell a $25 brick of .22 LR for $75 or in one case $88. Can't blame them for trying I guess...
    Sure ya can.....it's total bs. How long is it still gonna be "screw your buddy week?"........every week?

What a joke.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Well, You'all could always sell what you have for $9.95 a brick.........that will teach them a lesson. And if people would just start selling all of their firearms for thirty cents on the dollar, now that would really teach them. And if all you people who complain about prices would just go to your employer Monday morning and ask for a 50% reduction in pay, that would really stimulate the economy. And if all you people who live in apartments, rental homes would move out and live in tents that would drive down the high rents. And if everyone who owns a home free & clear would sell it for 1/2 appraised value............you would have much less capital gains tax to pay.

We ALL need to be doing our part to drive down these high prices..........Get with it Men, do your part. Because I am getting dam tired of being the one carrying the load for you people who are living the high-life, I hear most of you have running water, flush toilets, and showers.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Sure ya can.....it's total bs. How long is it still gonna be "screw your buddy week?"........every week?

What a joke.....

What a joke.....
    What make you think there your buddy?

Do you also think car salesmen, lawyer, taxis cab driver, realtors are your friends? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    What make you think there your buddy?

Do you also think car salesmen, lawyer, taxis cab driver, realtors are your friends? LOL
    When I say "buddy" I'm mainly thinking "fellow" hunters/gun enthusiasts....you know, somewhat like minded individuals that you probably wouldn't mind calling, well.....your buddy. But hey......they don't know me, so go ahead and try and sell me that used car..............lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Gunshow here in Colorado Springs this weekend something remington thunderbolt going for $80 bucks a brick not many takers though.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Well, You'all could always sell what you have for $9.95 a brick.........that will teach them a lesson. And if people would just start selling all of their firearms for thirty cents on the dollar, now that would really teach them. And if all you people who complain about prices would just go to your employer Monday morning and ask for a 50% reduction in pay, that would really stimulate the economy. And if all you people who live in apartments, rental homes would move out and live in tents that would drive down the high rents. And if everyone who owns a home free & clear would sell it for 1/2 appraised value............you would have much less capital gains tax to pay.

We ALL need to be doing our part to drive down these high prices..........Get with it Men, do your part. Because I am getting dam tired of being the one carrying the load for you people who are living the high-life, I hear most of you have running water, flush toilets, and showers.
    Hhhmmmm steadfast and loyal!

Why is it so upsetting that some fool is trying to sell something for too much. I just figure none of my business and move on without another thought. If he finds other fools willing to pay thatís interesting in a two fools found each other kind of way but donít chap my hide any. If he keeps finding fools then maybe itís just a market at work . . . nothing I do will alter any of it.

The show, I enjoyed the show and spotted what I'd call over priced stuff and many a good deal too. Didnít find anything I couldnít live without so didnít but anything. I got to see what gunbugs looks like after all these years so that alone was worth the door fee. Bumped into a lot of folks I know and Smitty even bought me a chilidog so it was a good day.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

My friend in Portland, OR. say's it selling for $60.00 to $66.00 if you can find it. At Gunshows it is $75.00 to $90.00 and selling but slowly. I think it is time for a lot of members here to accept that it may well be several years (TO NEVER) till it is available on the shelves at a stable retail price, and get ready for that stable retail price to be in the range of $39.50 to $43.50..........The bottom line is that if the manufacturers would raise the wholesale price to $27.85 and the retail price and inventory would stabilize.

When I say "buddy" I'm mainly thinking "fellow" hunters/gun enthusiasts....you know, somewhat like minded individuals that you probably wouldn't mind calling, well.....your buddy. But hey......they don't know me, so go ahead and try and sell me that used car..............lol

Quote Originally Posted by kevin476 View Post
    A little bigger than I thought it would be but a lot of what I call junk, and nothing I would call a good deal. My favorite part was seeing guys trying to sell a $25 brick of .22 LR for $75 or in one case $88. Can't blame them for trying I guess... Last gun show I'll be to in this state if that's how they are.
    I blame them.

Being that rotten, takes some deliberate effort.

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

What a joke.....
    You'd think they would have wised up by now.

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

I bought the same kind of stuff I always buy at the shows. Bargains to be had if you keep an open mind at every show. I got a box of Sierra bullets 100ct, for 10$. A brand new graphite spinning Rod that retails for $70, I payed 20$. Bought a nice takeoff stock for a 700 SA BDL for $50. An old book for my Mrs for $20. A antique box for my collection for $5, full of 41 Colt brass if anyone needs some. And my lady bought herself some earrings over at the craft barn, which I thought was a great idea to have separate, for $15.

We we saw some friends, went across the street to the Goose and had a Reuben for lunch and just generally had a great day. We both marched right past the $80 boxes of 22 shells and didn't say a word, it's their stuff they can ask what they want for it, if I think it's too high I just won't buy it. Talked to my Dad a few minutes ago, he may be a millionaire soon, he was cleaning out a bunch of stuff in a storage shed and for about 6-8 bricks of 22 ammo. Hit the motherload!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast