Thread: Go Lite clothes??

Default Go Lite clothes??

Has anyone tried any of their clothes are far as rain gear or puffy jacket/pants? Got their catalog not ot long ago, prices are awesome, but haven;t heard/seen anyone using it, just the tents. I'm talking about sheep/goat use mostly, but any intel would be sweet.

I have there Crestone Polartec NeoShell winter bibs. This may or may not help you... I bought the pants for snowmachining, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, etc... They are a nice light weight pant, durable, strong material, waterproof, warm, breathable and look good as well. But they failed in a huge way, the gator. They aren't strong enough to keep snow out of your boots or up your leg when you post hole... They don't have the boot lace latch that 99% of other winter pants have.

My GF has the Selkirk ultralite 800 down jacket. It is warm, fairly durable for being UL. My next down jacket will the Selkirk UL.

Hey Abel,

I ordered a Bitterroot downtek hooded jacket from them and LOVE IT! Packs into its own little mesh pocket and is a great pillow. Dimensions of "pillow" are about 12" x8"x 4" People online have complained that the hood doesn't have any adjustment things but to I think it fits perfectly, can have a decent wool hat or a baseball cap on underneath and it stays up in a stiff breeze. It just tested it out last week on the beaches of Douglas Island during the midst of 45mph gusts. It is windproof and with one smartwool long sleeved shirt on underneath it my upper body was comfortable at 20 degrees and as aforementioned, quite blustery.

I got the large "grease" color (which is more like a gunmetal silver that has a bit of shine to it), and it fits my 170lb 6'4" frame just fine. It also fits perfectly under my size large Kuiu Yukon Jacket with a longsleeved wool shirt on as a base.

It will be accompanying me on my sheep and goat hunts this fall, and at 14.5 ounces that doubles as a super comfy pillow I can't afford not to bring it! Best 200$ I've spent in a while!

I have a pair of the puffy pants, which are awesome. I pretty much lived in them at night on kodiak and was nice and toasty. No complaints here, worth every penny.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

My wife and I have used both the 2013 and now the 2014 Bitterroot puffy jackets. A super great value for how much 850 down is in there and how much they weigh in at. We also each have one of the 7 oz rain jackets and they seem to work great so far if you aren't busting brush.

My father and my buddy both thave their 3 layer gortex jackets bought in 2012 and they are tough in the alders/brush as any of my Kuiu/Sitka stuff I've used. GoLite makes some great gear at a very nice price point IMO.

I too bought a Bitterroot Jacket with the treated down, when Luke recommend them and they were on sale. Only thing about it I did not care for is the hood has no drawstring, so when up and you turn your head the hood stays straight and blocks your vision. I added a Velcro Strap on mine and now I'm happy with it.

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Here is the GoLite down in your neck of woods just a few days ago Abel

Keep in mind all of their stuff used to cost twice as much at REI before they started distributing themselves.

Wife and I have caught some awesome sales on their down coats. I actually posted a thread on here as it was an awesome deal. I am very happy with the quality. I wear mine as a base layer hunting and fishing and it looks brand new even after a bunch of trips. Holds the 850 down very well. I also have a bunch of their athletic gear. All on clearance. Love it.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

I will point out the return policy as well. If you remove the tags you cannot return them unless it is a manufactured defect. The clothes are cheaper then REI but REI's return policy is better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MTfisher View Post
    I will point out the return policy as well. If you remove the tags you cannot return them unless it is a manufactured defect. The clothes are cheaper then REI but REI's return policy is better in my opinion.
    After a year you can't return it to REI either anymore. For as little as I actually returned to REI I didn't find that to be a huge selling point anymore anyways though.

What, is a that a new thing? The year limit on returns?

I believe REI's new return policy is you have one year from the purchase to return it, unless it is manufacturer defect.

So if you buy a pair of boots and they fit fine in the store but once break in is over they start pinching your little toe you can return them. Or if you buy a puffy jacket and it fit well in the store and then you go out on a hike and you notice it doesn't have a draw string around the waist and let too much cold air in, you can return it.

I have clothing and tents from Golite. Absolutely great products as long as you don't require a tall.