Thread: Brace Hieght???

Default Brace Hieght???

So changed strings and silencers, went to a B50 15 strand from that came with my Samich, also went to fur instead of rubber skirt silencers. Set the brace to what I was at, placed fur silencers where I had them on the old string, picked up a vibration. String hums after the shot, it got quieter after I put the fur on, but still noticable. Should I play with brace height? It shoots great, jsut a hum afterwards that I didn't have before.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM if it bothers you you can play with brace height and always adjust back if arrow flight turns to crap

Are you using a string stop? They can help with string hum and help you pick up a few fps for what that is worth, just an idea.

Fur looks cool but doesn't silent a string like rubber does. Fur (hide) gets heavy in wet weather. I'm partial to Wooly Whispers for store bought. A cheap option is a making your own from a skein of wool yarn. One skein will make silencers for several years. Cut and squeeze a bundle of 20-30 pieces about 2"-3" long between the sting at 10"-12" from each bow tip. Trim them up and you have your own yarn ball silencers. Add or subtract strips to get what you want. A slight flip of the string in the rain and they're dry.

Never heard of a string stop? It usually stops by itself.