Thread: 1917 Enfield 30-06 II

Default 1917 Enfield 30-06 II

A couple more pics...
    I'm probably going to order a new mainspring and firing pin online or just a whole new bolt assembly but wondering if this thing is even worth putting a little cash into....the wife loves the gun though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I remember in the 50's when they were $12.95 each and cheaper if you bought four you got one free, NO paper work, No forum 4473, just mail them to your house. Company called Klein's Guns. The 1917 was the most expensive rifle they sold. I could be wrong buy I think Roy Weatherby's First rifles were built on the 1917 action.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskalarryk View Post
    A couple more pics...
    I'm probably going to order a new mainspring and firing pin online or just a whole new bolt assembly but wondering if this thing is even worth putting a little cash into....the wife loves the gun though.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskalarryk View Post
    A couple more pics...
    Can't safely replace the bolt by just greeting another, it's a fitted part and effects the headspace. Chances are it's just all gummed up, clean and inspect. Never hearts to put in a new spring.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Okay, Thanks for the reply....

I would clean it and then if still having misfires have AD Fields Andy check the headspace
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Concur. Take it to a gunsmith for bolt clean/lube and have them check it out. 1917s are pretty bullet proof and they should be able to fix it.