Thread: Homer Fishing Charter Recommendations

Default Homer Fishing Charter Recommendations

We have a trip planned for June 5th to the 11th and are looking for recommendations on Charters in Homer. We want to Fish two days for Halibut and one for Salmon. Its just my wife and myself we are a younger couple that want to try for some big Halibut and have a good time doing it. So any recommendations you guys have would be a great help. I've searched the web but have had bad luck with that in the past. Seems like whoever spends the most time and money advertising are what comes up on the search pages. I'd like to hear from people that actually have been recently and can give good info. Thanks in advance for the help.

Is this for next year? As most of the good charters are full for this year. You can try Brooks Alaskan Adventures, or Manns charters, Silver Fox, Bob's trophy charters, Midnight sun charters.

Since there is just the 2 of you, my suggestion would be to get on a 6 pac, and stay off the large head boats. It's a more personalized experience with only 6 or less clients on the boat as opposed to 12 to 14 (or more) people trying to fish.

If it is for this year good luck! Most if not all good charters are full 6 months to a year in advance.
    I would make a list of those recommended here and get to calling them ASAP. You might get lucky and find one with an open day or two to squeeze you in or if they have a cancellation they might call you back.
    I would recommend Ron Hurley of in2fishin charters http://www.in2fishin.com/
    He had the derby winner caught on his boat a few years back and has a beautiful boat.
    Its too bad you are new or I would PM you with the names of some charters to avoid. You need more posts first and forum rules will not let me post negative comments in the open forum.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Thanks for the info so far. Sounds like I have some calling around to do. I'm new to the forum so can't get the PM's but if anyone has some additional info you can email me a bburginger@pcmechanical.com Thanks again for the help

I would also recommend Ron with in2fishin and Josh with Brooks Adventures. Both good dudes that produce.