Thread: U.S. Canadian border

Default U.S. Canadian border

Exactly where is the border in SE AK. If you look at land maps it looks like it hits Cape Chacon and Cape Muzon. On my charts I can't find a definitive line.

When the breeze starts to smell like maple syrup you know you are close.....when everything you do requires a concensus, the paperwork triples, and you start saying "sorry" and "process" with a long O.....then you have arrived.

That's all I got.

I found the fisheries boundary line on the chart approx. 15 miles S. of Cape Chacon, I'm assuming that's the border?

Kirk: Good luck on that one. You'll often finding Canadian and US Coast in that area because not everyone agrees exactly were the border is.

Quote Originally Posted by kbarnes View Post
    Exactly where is the border in SE AK. If you look at land maps it looks like it hits Cape Chacon and Cape Muzon. On my charts I can't find a definitive line.
    Are you wondering about the invisible line in the ocean where your bow is in American waters and your stern in Canadian? Or are you asking where you can anchor (or not) without clearing Customs, depending on which side of the border you're on?

Headed north from Canada, the last landfall on the Canuck side is Brundige Inlet on Dundas Island. A few miles north and you're in US waters. If you're interested, here's the page from my 2012 account of cruising up the Inside Passage from Washington to PWS where we crossed the border northbound: http://www.lostshipwrecks.com/inside-passage-6.html
    "Money may not buy you happiness, but it will buy you a big enough boat that you can get close enough for a look."

You would be best to ask the Coast Guard it is called the A B line. I was on the CG Cutter Naushon out of Ketch 2 times, and I still can't tell you unless you tell me the reason you are asking. If it is fishing it is one way, and if it has to do with boarders and Customs it is different. Best of luck

It's mostly just to know where I can fish. The internet google search seemed to reveal some differences of opinion between the U.S. and the Canadians of where the border is.

Fishing can be done in the disputed area. If you are in the disputed area just know that big Canadian trollers will not give way

Quote Originally Posted by Catch It View Post
    When the breeze starts to smell like maple syrup you know you are close.....when everything you do requires a concensus, the paperwork triples, and you start saying "sorry" and "process" with a
    long O.....then you have arrived.

That's all I got.
    lol!!...u nailed it catch it!!.....

29' Wooldridge Pilot House, Twin 200 Hp Etecs! "...Pez Gordo..."
    18' Wooldridge Sport with 200 hp sport jet. "...Little Pez..."

Quote Originally Posted by kbarnes View Post
    It's mostly just to know where I can fish. The internet google search seemed to reveal some differences of opinion between the U.S. and the Canadians of where the border is.
    You would probably be safer, and catch just as many of those BC kings, if you fished on the Huntress out of Homer! Flipping rules.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.