Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nosler Long Range Accubond

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Like I said before, I have 2 boxes of 7mm and 2 boxes of 30 cal, so I'm not going to just throw them away based on a review or two. I will load some up and give them a try. Now based on the reviews, I might load that 3rd round with a known and proven choice. I have had TSXs both fail to open and blow up under the hide, yet people swear by them and I too have had good luck as well. So I will go out and give them the ole college try and will decide for myself.
    Stid, if you're hoping for the advertised BC of the 308 210's (.730), you're going to be a little disappointed. The actual G1 BC is a lot closer to .63, same as the 210 Berger and 208 A-Max, not surprising since they are very similar in shape and length. An LRH member did some extensive testing and I witnessed one of the tests as well set up my acoustic SuperChrono under 1005 yd target to measure velocities down range.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...c-test-115818/

Another LRH member from Alaska also did some fairly extensive testing and came up with the same results.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...c-test-115940/

The .308 190's are advertised @ .640. If the 210's are actually .630, the 190's will not be close to ..640, probably closer to .540.

Another member, the guy from SC who used the 175's for deer hunting, confirmed the 175 ABLR's advertised BC to be correct. Once agin not surprising as it is very similar in shape and length to the 180 Bergers which have a similar BC.

Don't have a clue why the 7mm 175's are accurate and the 308's are so far off.
    "You will never know how much it cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it."
    ~ John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
    That's not what I said, nor what I meant. I was agreeing with stid2677 that competent hunters/shooters know the difference between well placed shots and shots that appear well placed. It's my observation that there are more than a few that cannot distinguish the difference....... Caveat lector........
    Thanks for clearing it up. I use the shots, and the bullets, that work for me.
    "You will never know how much it cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it."
    ~ John Quincy Adams

SHEESH !! You guys sure took this one to new heights ! And I never even SHOT anything with it, I just pulled the bullets ! I am gonna take a stance here and agree with Smitty, and it don't need to be in the "Great Lands" neither ! down here stuff works the same as up there - I am not a "long range HUNTER" as some profess to be these days and the reglar old Accubond, along with Interbonds, Scirocco, Partitions, HECK ! there's a ton of 'em that will work for me just fine even "IF" I do find myself aiming at something 500 yards away ...... for the record, I've pulled a TON of bullets in my day and these squashed more and different than ANYTHING I've encountered afore or since ....

Anyone have a recipe for green bean casserole?

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Anyone have a recipe for green bean casserole?
    I think Stid has a ladder load work up posted in the pantry. You should probably back off 10% to start though.

Worked up a ladder to determine the best bullet to bean ratio.

Once I found that magic number I made the casserole, making sure to add FRITOS just for 323.
    Enjoy, good thing they have soft jackets.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Lol that's to funny... So Fritos is the magic combo I see

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Lol that's to funny... So Fritos is the magic combo I see
    You got it,, greases the skids, like bullet lube.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

The jackets are thinner, and they're more chewey than the regular ABs.

But after eatin them, you need to brush your teeth with Butch's Bore Shine.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Steve, too funny! LOL

Side note, it would be sweet to find some of those 210gr LRAB to play with in my 300 RUM. I haven't seen any for sale yet.

Waking up an old one.....

I shot a goat with 142gr LRAB in a 26 nosler first at 240 yards then again at about 400. The 142 grain starts at about 3300 FPS and does not slow down very fast due to the ballistic efficiency, which is why I bought it. The 26 is going way too fast for even the 240 yard shot with these bullets IMO. First shot was a bout 6 inches above the shoulder (shooting at about 50 degree angle uphill) and the second was in the brisket when he turned to come down a wash at me. He dropped that time and it took out all of his vitals but the first one exploded and did not penetrate to my liking at all. I think these would be great in my Remington model 7 .308 with a 20 inch barrel that are only starting out at 2750 FPS but I still don't think I would trust them to go through a thick bone. In the future I will be looking for a stronger bullet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123