Thread: spring break riding

Default spring break riding

I've recently moved back to Alaska after retiring from the Army and have a job now that allows me to have the entire spring break off. I'd like to take a day or two to camp and get out in my polaris ranger but I'm not sure where I could go being that I'm not on a snow machine. I'm not opposed to driving up to 4-5 hours to get to a trailer drop off point. I'd like to ride my machine down a trail network and sleep over night (tent) and make a fire. Any suggestions? Eureka? Denali HWY?

There should be a fair amount of snow that the two places you mentioned unless you have tracks on the Ranger. You might check out Knik River and the area there.

You could drive way up the Yentna, especially early in the day. Su Flats are simple for wheels but watch the access regs. This time of year you 'll have an easier time early in the day with hard conditions and you'll struggle with late day soft conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerheave View Post
    I've recently moved back to Alaska after retiring from the Army and have a job now that allows me to have the entire spring break off. I'd like to take a day or two to camp and get out in my polaris ranger but I'm not sure where I could go being that I'm not on a snow machine. I'm not opposed to driving up to 4-5 hours to get to a trailer drop off point. I'd like to ride my machine down a trail network and sleep over night (tent) and make a fire. Any suggestions? Eureka? Denali HWY?
    Paint a big ol RANGER tab on your 4 wheeler and that thing will go anywhere you want it go!