Thread: Would you buy land in a "Recreational Land Condominium" project....?

Default Would you buy land in a "Recreational Land Condominium" project....?

Would you buy land in a "Land condominium" project if it was 30% to 35% cheaper than fee simple land. There are a few of these projects on Big Lake, and most are on Islands.

Don't think of a Housing Condominium project. This would be a recreational cabin sites where you would build your own recreational cabin. there would be common land giving direct access to Government Land & the Chugach National Forest.

YES.....I know you want large acreage of land, I get those calls regularly from people who like Hope, Alaska area and want a large track of land till they discover the cost.

This is just in the planning stage, but buyers would have a piece of land they could build a cabin on, or park a travel trailer on and have access to Snow Machining, Fishing, Six-Mile Creek is across the road, Turnagain Pass & Summit Pass are both a short distance, Hunting, lots of Hiking Trails, Walking on the beach, etc.

Please DON"T respond with what you want in the way of Alaska Land. I would like to learn if there is any interest in this type of recreational offering about half way down the Hope Road. Just a simple Yes or No.

Thank You,

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Would you buy land in a "Land condominium" project if it was 30% to 35% cheaper than fee simple land. There are a few of these projects on Big Lake, and most are on Islands.

Don't think of a Housing Condominium project. This would be a recreational cabin sites where you would build your own recreational cabin. there would be common land giving direct access to Government Land & the Chugach National Forest.

YES.....I know you want large acreage of land, I get those calls regularly from people who like Hope, Alaska area and want a large track of land till they discover the cost.

This is just in the planning stage, but buyers would have a piece of land they could build a cabin on, or park a travel trailer on and have access to Snow Machining, Fishing, Six-Mile Creek is across the road, Turnagain Pass & Summit Pass are both a short distance, Hunting, lots of Hiking Trails, Walking on the beach, etc.

Please DON"T respond with what you want in the way of Alaska Land. I would like to learn if there is any interest in this type of recreational offering about half way down the Hope Road. Just a simple Yes or No.

Thank You,
    I would not buy into one of those....what does DNR call them...subdivisions. I'm on their email list and get notifications every time land goes up for auction, but the majority of it is subdivided land, which means small parcels and roads everywhere. I feel like that is too much like living in Florida, only with snow. But that's just me talking.

However, I can see where that might be attractive for a certain segment of folks.

It sounds like some of the developments out by Willow and Sheep Creek and those have been popular.
    If I hadn't bought my land I would be interested.

I believe so.

AGL4now, Yes. I tried to just put Yes but had to have 10 characters!!!

D​expends on the price,how much land and what are the limitations of building on the property. CCR's? But in a short answer yes...
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Yes probably

As long as I could live in a shipping container.

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble