Thread: Once Good - Still Good

Default Once Good - Still Good

A link to my new article ONCE GOOD - STILL GOOD http://ammoguide.com/?article=pricescorner/140301
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Bear:

Did you ever know Dean Grennell? The Dean had one of everything Ruger made at least through the late 80s...all with the same serial #s.Bill R made sure of that.

People talk about a gun safe...Dean's house and garage was his gun safe.When you visited him, he could pull out a Ruger of any model...no matter how obscure...and show it to you.

I became good friends with him and still remember his garage...filled practically to the rafters with shooting equipment.You could barely walk around inside...had to go sideways sometimes...but Dean knew where everything was.Incredible...and an incredible shooter and gunwriter.

7STW

I only new him through his writing and I agree he was an incredible gun writer. Always, liked his stuff. Sure wish I had see all his Rugers, that would have been a treat indeed.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Are you sure the Redhawk is discontinued? I worked at Sportsman's in Wasilla last year, and a brand new Toklat Redhawk in .454 Casull showed up at the gun counter, followed by several more. We also had short and long barrel versions in .44 mag. I hope it wasn't just a limited production run. I'd love to have a Toklat, just don't have the money right now.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

They no longer list it in their catalog and I am sure there are still those that have no been sold. It is no longer in this years catalog. Would be great if it was still listed among their production runs.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Too bad. I guess my only choice will be the used market then, and of course the price of a used one is likely to go up given the discontinuation from Ruger.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    I asked via email awhile ago, and the reply, FWIW, was that the Redhawk was "discontinued until sometime in 2014".
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by AKsoldier View Post
    Are you sure the Redhawk is discontinued? I worked at Sportsman's in Wasilla last year, and a brand new Toklat Redhawk in .454 Casull showed up at the gun counter, followed by several more. We also had short and long barrel versions in .44 mag. I hope it wasn't just a limited production run. I'd love to have a Toklat, just don't have the money right now.
    The Toklat is a SUPER Redhawk, they've only "dropped" the original Redhawk. Whether this is temporarily or permanently remains to be seen.

WTH! I should of bought that redhawk here in Colorado springs a 5 1/2 in stainless model $625 buck man I was asleep at the wheel on that one

My understanding is that Ruger doesn't put a gun in it's catalog unless it is currently in production, and the Redhawk isn't currently in production though they plan to make a production run later this year. Some guns they produce year round, some they produce in batches and apparently the redhawk is produced in batches.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

The Redhawk was constantly produced until recently, it never was produced in limited runs, but as Paul has said, certainly will be now.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Sold my Redhawk 41 Mag a few years ago... great gun... how I do regret it. Will have my eyes open for another one... gunshow this weekend.
    "You will never know how much it cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it."
    ~ John Quincy Adams