Thread: .470 Nitro Express dummy round

Default .470 Nitro Express dummy round

Hey guys, I lived in Girdwood for 17 years but now live in PA. I still spend 50 days a year up north running a missions trip and adventuring. You can take the man out of Alaska but you can't take Alaska out of the man. I speak at sportsman events and dinners to thousands of men and boys each year. I'm a hunter, writer and filmmaker. I've written a book titled Death Dance that is full of true short stories from Alaska and Africa. In one of my stories two PH friends from South Africa encounter a wounded lion and after violent contact with one of my friends the other guy shoots the cat in the head with a .470 NE. and the lights went out.... and they are both still alive.
    When telling this story I talk of the double rifle and the caliber but few men outside of Africa have seen or held a .470 NE. I'd like to trade or buy my way into a dummy round with the primer pinged and no powder in the round. I want to show it to my audiences. I'll trade a copy of my book or buy such a round from one of you, if given the chance.
    You may enjoy my website. www.wadenolan.com

Indiana, only because that's where the check came from...

I'm sure someone on Accurate Reloading can get you what you need/want. I'd post your request there if you don't get a response here. Perhaps under the Reloading thread. http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve

A-Zoom makes a snap cap/dummy round for 470NE. In stock at Midway for $12.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Wade: Just a thought, do you go to any gun shows in your area? At the gun shows here in Fairbanks there are usually several tables selling a large variety of oddball cartridges, brass, bullets, etc. You may be able to pick up a .470 round or the components to make one for a reasonable price. The friend I meet at the gunshow twice a year always buys a cartridge or two for his collection. If you haven't found anything by the time our spring gun show happens, I'd be happy to look there for you.

It sounds like a .470 will do in a lion, but if you're going to talk about an adequate caliber for brown bear, you need to bring one of those shell cases for the 75mm, 105mm and 106mm recoilless rifle rounds that all of us Girdwoodians had a collection of. Speaking of Girdwood, I believe you were my boss when I was working at the kitchen of the old hotel at Alyeska as a bus boy/dishwasher in my teens in the mid 70's

I enjoyed your website and great to see what you're up to after all these years! Welcome to the forums. I mostly lurk here but read it pretty much every day and have learned a lot....Louis
    Louis Knapp

Easy enough to get if you want one. I bet I could unstrike a primer, put a little sand in it and the press in a bullet to make it just like a real one and the correct weight if it would help. I know many double rifle shooters and I can get one with little problem. It would be a tough one to ship if anyone thought it was real.

Matt

Thanks Small world Louis Knapp! If I had your address I'd send you my book. There is a contact form on my website.
    Wade