Thread: Custom ice fishing hut builders

Cool Custom ice fishing hut builders

Hi all,

I'm looking for people who build custom ice fishing huts. Whether it's a popular company or an individual who can build me something custom from his garage, I want to meet them! Send me names and contact information if you can. Thanks!

Best,
    Marcus

You looking for one with wheels or one with skids that you can trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want to find someone who can build me anything I'd like..

Waschy is a TV show head hunter...doubt he's actually going to use it.
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by waschy View Post
    Hi all,

I'm looking for people who build custom ice fishing huts. Whether it's a popular company or an individual who can build me something custom from his garage, I want to meet them! Send me names and contact information if you can. Thanks!

Best,
    Marcus
    I think you should look to the northern regions of Minnesota/Michigan/Wisconsin.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Check out MN Craig's list. There are regularly builders advertising the fish houses they build on there for sale. Good luck. AK is not the place to look for this info
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by mjm316 View Post
    Check out MN Craig's list. There are regularly builders advertising the fish houses they build on there for sale. Good luck. AK is not the place to look for this info
    Cheers guys, thanks for your help. Let me know if anyone pops up in Alaska building custom ice fishing houses!

anything you want is a pretty broad scope, I don't think most builders can quite cover that ticket. There's a good canvas place in Wyoming Mn that can do some amazing work for a price, but it aint cheap. If you're going to go soft sided its hard to beat what's on the market today (Otter/Clam flips overs) vs a heavy pop up. I grew up in a 2 person small canvas pop up style with a wooden sled. Worked well, I need to grab the plans and rebuild that thing. There weren't very many portable hooches back than. Portable ment you sat on a bucket and fished lol. The only thing it really needed was a way to haul gear. For us we just pulled it by hand. Once we had enough ice out went the permanent.

Anyways, I don't know if you'll find someone who can build a wheels up style permanent down to a small canvas/nylon flip over style hooch all in one stop shopping.

Ive built 3. Current one is 8x14 and is set up with deep cycle battery. Has led lites direct vent thermostat propane heater stove and oven underwater camera we put on a flat screen auto jiggers. Skies the limit.