Thread: Anyone with a dog in heat?

Default Anyone with a dog in heat?

Found some wolf activity that I want to set for. It's that time of year. If anyone has a dog in heat, I would like to come grab some of the yellow stuff from your yard... Thanks.

Steve, I can't help you but have had good luck with just plain old any dog pee out there it seems to tick them off that someone is peeing on their post
    Generally they are from a dog yard so their getting a lot of meat in their diet
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

Yeah, thanks Todd. I have some wolf pee also, just wanted to mix it up a bit and also do some experimenting. These wolves are chasing caribou and have been coming thru every 3 weeks or so. I'm done trapping for the year and have been working on cuttting some new trails and thought I would throw some sets out since I was out there anyway..

If u find some, put it in a gunny sack and drag it behind ur sled. Only around the area ur setting up traps on, within a mile. We would look for large tree stumps on the river and drag the bag all around the area, then put a chunk on the stump. Would have multiple leg holds set up around the base. Nailed a lot of them doing this. Can't beat a female in heat for wolf trapping. U might try and go to a dog kennel near u, any of te dog racers is bound to have a female in heat. Best of luck to ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks terranz09. Good ideea about the kennels, I have a few close by I'll check with. Do you usually try using the heat only in spring time or would you try it anytime thru out the trappin season?

Steve,
    I'm in FAI w/ a dog in heat. She is at C2 now, not ready to breed, but close. That would be a great experiment. Use urine at specific stages of the cycle, C1 to C4. At C4 they are ready to breed. Not sure how I'd get you the yellow snow. Hmmm.
    ARR

We would save it, had a freezer just for our trapping stuff, used it thru the season, just like a dog they are ready to breed anytime.

If I had a less spendy way to do it I'd just send you my neighbors poodle. She's got every dog for miles pissing on the bushes right now.I wouldn't even want her back. When she went out of heat you could cut her up and put her topside of your martin traps. Heck I bet a martin don't even know what a poodle is! They might like it!

I love the way you guys think!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    If I had a less spendy way to do it I'd just send you my neighbors poodle. She's got every dog for miles pissing on the bushes right now.I wouldn't even want her back. When she went out of heat you could cut her up and put her topside of your martin traps. Heck I bet a martin don't even know what a poodle is! They might like it!

I love the way you guys think!
    Even though I don't really care for the poodle breed of dog...Wow...I'm thankful you aren't my neighbor...
    "Grin and Bear It"

I used to keep my females inside for about 6 hours and then let them out to pee... followed them around with a very shallow plastic container. Slid it under their bum and usually ended up with a 1/2 cup or so of estrus urine.

Worked great for wolf trapping to be sure, but the girls didn't care for me following them around, LOL.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Quote Originally Posted by Tearbear View Post
    Even though I don't really care for the poodle breed of dog...Wow...I'm thankful you aren't my neighbor...
    This is a poodle that has never been to the vet, never been groomed has had 3 litters of puppies of unknown origin and all but one pup got disposed of. She has let it out to go potty a half a dozen times this winter and forgot to let it back in and gone to bed. One night it was -17 degrees. It spent the night in my garage under a heat lamp just so it wouldn't freeze to death.

I mow her yard, shovel her snow, rake her leaves and do most everything else she asks and have never charged her a penny for any of it. I am not the unneighborly one here! Maybe I should just take the dog in and send the neighbor your way! Then you can see how fun it is to be her neighbor!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    This is a poodle that has never been to the vet, never been groomed has had 3 litters of puppies of unknown origin and all but one pup got disposed of. She has let it out to go potty a half a dozen times this winter and forgot to let it back in and gone to bed. One night it was -17 degrees. It spent the night in my garage under a heat lamp just so it wouldn't freeze to death.

I mow her yard, shovel her snow, rake her leaves and do most everything else she asks and have never charged her a penny for any of it. I am not the unneighborly one here! Maybe I should just take the dog in and send the neighbor your way! Then you can see how fun it is to be her neighbor!
    That dog is lucky it hasn't caught 22 fever, yet.

So...just because the owner fails to care for the dog, it deserves to have it's life ended?
    "Grin and Bear It"

I wouldn't say that it's life has any greater value than that of a wolf and you do kill them don't you?

So...just because the owner fails to care for the dog, it deserves to have it's life ended?
    Sounds to me like he wants to end its suffering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Sounds to me like he wants to end its suffering.
    Sounds to me like he is one that is suffering, with a neighbor like he has.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Sounds to me like he is one that is suffering, with a neighbor like he has.
    Are YOU saying the neighbor is the one that should catch "fever"?
    And in case you didn't see it in the other post:

Poodle left out all night again. She asked me if I had seen it. I said yes it was stuck between the duals on the garbage truck and it was. It came free about a half block up the street. At least she has closier!😕