Thread: Kotzebue lodging ?

Default Kotzebue lodging ?

Hi - I'm planning my first AK hunt for this Sept, has anyone stayed at Bibbers B&B, Sues B&B or Kataks B&B in Kotz? I don't want anything fancy, I just want to avoid the noise that many have complained about at the Bayside Inn. Thanks, Dave

You definitely won't find anything fancy in Kotz I have spent many nights and I can't complain about the Bayside I have never had any trouble with noise however I'm usually staying there after a few weeks of hunting so that may have something to do with it.

Life is too short to pass up a day of hunting

Been a long time since I overnighted right in Kotz, but the Nullaġvik used to give a pretty substantial government discount. Give them a call if you qualify.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

u will not have to worry about getting real fancy... the prices certainly dont reflect how nice a place is up here...more like supply and demand. kotz is pretty noisey no matter where your at. no matter where you choose you wont be there too long hopefully. dont sweat about it.

Bibbers is nice and a good cost-effective option is Drakes Camp. It is a man camp and I send most of my fall hunters there. Bunk house but much less pricy then the others and Toby Drake is a good guy!

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country Outfitters
    Drop Camps and Float Hunts
    Unit 23-Kotz
    www.northwestalaska.net