Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Guide in Hospital

Default Hunting Guide in Hospital

Hey guys,

Not sure if you all have seen this yet. Bret has spent time the last few seasons as a hunting guide, I think on Kodiak. I know him through hockey officiating.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/family...state/24675406

Just wanted to spread the word on a bad situation he and his family are in right now. They have a facebook page for him set up too (it's called "Free Bret Bohn").

Richard

Before you jump on free Bret thing. Remember there two sides of every story and due hippa laws it can't be told. I'm on bench on this one. Courts must have very good reason to not give him to his mom or father.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

No matter what side of the story one believes, Bret is a good kid and needs support.
    It is sad and tragic, but Bret doesn't deserve this battle that is being waged, he deserves the help he needs to get healthy.
    My prayers are with you my friend...

Well, the first thing is how is it that he isn't even allowed to have family visit? Second, he's an adult. When he initially wanted to leave the hospital, he shouldn't have been held against his will.

Another question worth answering is who is paying for this extended hospital visit. The bill must be hundreds of thousands of dollars by now.

I would hope that if anything were to ever happen to me, that my family would be able to at least visit me. I agree with J in Ak, he is a good kid and needs all the support he can get.

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Before you jump on free Bret thing. Remember there two sides of every story and due hippa laws it can't be told. I'm on bench on this one. Courts must have very good reason to not give him to his mom or father.

I never said he was a bad kid and yes he need 100% support.

My question is what is the other side of the story.... This state don't take away rights from parents for no reason or cut off all. Visitors... Someone explain why....

Well one would think if state took custody.. Be us the tax payers.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

I'm not sure if it would have helped in this case, but that's why it's critical to fill out an advance medical directive so your family knows how to deal with matters of your health if you're incapacitated. The form is on the state website, is free, and only takes a few minutes to fill out. It could definitely save a lot of heart ache for your family down the road. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read a bunch of articles on this and let me tell you they differ greatly. This article that I'm linking seemed like the best as far as getting a look from the outside rather than a one sided rant. There is a lot the hospital can't talk about due to HIPPA laws so it's hard to get their side.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...-adult-custody

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    I've read a bunch of articles on this and let me tell you they differ greatly. This article that I'm linking seemed like the best as far as getting a look from the outside rather than a one sided rant. There is a lot the hospital can't talk about due to HIPPA laws so it's hard to get their side.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...-adult-custody
    There are 3 sides to every story...

Quote Originally Posted by cwm907 View Post
    I'm not sure if it would have helped in this case, but that's why it's critical to fill out an advance medical directive so your family knows how to deal with matters of your health if you're incapacitated. The form is on the state website, is free, and only takes a few minutes to fill out. It could definitely save a lot of heart ache for your family down the road. Just a thought.

His parents had power of attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    His parents had power of attorney.
    Bizarre circumstances indeed....

Wow!!
    My prayers go out to all involved.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

I've followed this story recently. It is appalling. And disgusting. They need to let this poor kid go home to his family. I can tel you if it were my son, no doctor or law of the bull**** politicians would keep him in there. If it was me, my parents would fight tooth and nail against all to get me home. My prayers are with this man and his family. I hope he is released from this bull**** ASAP

Release Lake Trout

First of all, you wouldn't get very far, you'd wind up in jail real quick having solved nothing. Second of all, what if this kid really does have encephalitis of the brain? Do you know what that means? Do you know what the complications of that are?

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    First of all, you wouldn't get very far, you'd wind up in jail real quick having solved nothing. Second of all, what if this kid really does have encephalitis of the brain? Do you know what that means? Do you know what the complications of that are?
    Our neighbor up there was a recovering addict of many sorts. He was admitted and treated by a medical facility in Anchorage for severe dehydration following a multi-day drinking bender back in, oh, 2009 or so. There was some treatment confusion among Drs and staff, with the end result being our neighbor had too much electrolyte (sodium) intravenously injected. This put him in a coma for nearly a month. When he came out, he could sense and identify his own brain damage. Lawyers approached him to sue but he moved on. We were probably the closest thing to family he had, and a month after we moved away to WA in late 2012, he killed himself...

Something about this incident smells funny, and I'd have a pretty tough time with not seeing or knowing what was being done to my kid.

With all the hype, the state and Providence could put this controversy to rest in their favor if they allowed an independent cadre of experts to examine the young man, and prove that they are correct in their treatment. That they don't do this is extremely suspicious and, IMO, unethical, if not downright tyrannical.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    With all the hype, the state and Providence could put this controversy to rest in their favor if they allowed an independent cadre of experts to examine the young man, and prove that they are correct in their treatment. That they don't do this is extremely suspicious and, IMO, unethical, if not downright tyrannical.
    Definitely...but Providence did want to send him to Johns Hopkins and the family said no. That's strange in itself to me. You have, in your hands, the opportunity for some of the best treatment and best doctors one could ask for and you say no? I know there are many things to consider but when faced with an unknown diagnosis and you're spiraling downward, you'd think there wouldn't be much to consider other than the life at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    ...If it was me, my parents would fight tooth and nail against all to get me home.
    Just for the sake of conversation, let's say you were extremely ill with a pretty rare condition, but by staying in the hospital you had a chance, however slim, to recover. And let's say, just for the sake of conversation, that your parents were mentally unstable, and allowing them to take you home would quickly result in your death. How would you feel then?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Uh, no, you are wrong. Watch the news. Haven't you heard about Jessica Pelletier case? This stuff is happening all over the country. Only sheep think there must be a good reason that the government does something. Wake up.

Default Hunting Guide in Hospital

If you think I'm a sheep you sadly mistaken...learn to read.... Get all the info before jumping on band wagon.

Until we find out the rest of story it hard to say who is right or wrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast