Thread: Smoking Raft Deal

Default Smoking Raft Deal

New to the forum. Look forward to contributing this year. Have an offer someone here may be interested in.

Long story short I moved here three years ago, bougt a fly rod, and caught my first big bow in SEP 2011. Been downhill ever since. Buying my first raft this winter for next season. I have over 40 days vacation saved up, and my father is coming to the state (with my two younger brothers) to help me spend them fishing. On paper its going to be the summer of a lifetime.

Downside is that I am transferring out of state for good in July. I've looked into some different options, mostly rentals, but decided it will be worth having our own boat. I plan to fish nearly every one of the those 40 days.

I am going with an Aire Super Puma. I will be on the Parks highway streams in early June until the Upper Kenai opens. Mostly day trips with a 2-3 passengers. Possibly a multi-day interior float with a light load. I think this raft fits us best.

If you are interested in the same raft, it will be up for sale after July 4th weekend and the whole package will need to go for $1000 less than whatever I paid for it. You essentially get a brand new boat with all the bells and whistles minus 40 days on a 10 yr warranty.

I would be willing to negotiate the frame and oar specifics to meet both our needs. You also might be able to talk me into a SD Puma. Apologize if this isnt in the right place for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    New to the forum. Look forward to contributing this year. Have an offer someone here may be interested in.

Long story short I moved here three years ago, bougt a fly rod, and caught my first big bow in SEP 2011. Been downhill ever since. Buying my first raft this winter for next season. I have over 40 days vacation saved up, and my father is coming to the state (with my two younger brothers) to help me spend them fishing. On paper its going to be the summer of a lifetime.

Downside is that I am transferring out of state for good in July. I've looked into some different options, mostly rentals, but decided it will be worth having our own boat. I plan to fish nearly every one of the those 40 days.

I am going with an Aire Super Puma. I will be on the Parks highway streams in early June until the Upper Kenai opens. Mostly day trips with a 2-3 passengers. Possibly a multi-day interior float with a light load. I think this raft fits us best.

If you are interested in the same raft, it will be up for sale after July 4th weekend and the whole package will need to go for $1000 less than whatever I paid for it. You essentially get a brand new boat with all the bells and whistles minus 40 days on a 10 yr warranty.

I would be willing to negotiate the frame and oar specifics to meet both our needs. You also might be able to talk me into a SD Puma. Apologize if this isnt in the right place for this post.
    Jake,
    You can't take private messages yet. Shoot me an email.

iain.brown.12@outlook.com

what job you got that can have 40 days free time on? I want that job! Lol

Release Lake Trout

I hope you have a trailer to haul your raft. Breaking it down & setting it up 40 times doesn't sound fun.............

icb12 email sent. How many posts until I can send PMs?

I have a trailer on order troutman. 7x14 utility that will haul my wheeler and household itmes aka 'other junk' to the lower 48. I have spent all my money here on hunting and fishing, the rest I just wasted.

icb12 email sent. How many posts until I can send PMs?

I have a trailer on order troutman. 7x14 utility that will haul my wheeler and household itmes aka 'other junk' to the lower 48. I have spent all my money here on hunting and fishing, the rest I just wasted.
    Not to side track,, but make sure to not over load your trailer for your trip. I know 3 different families that ended up broken down in Canada because they tried to haul more weight than their trailers were rated for. Each one ended up being very stressful for all involved.

Good luck on your raft and summer adventures. Post a visitors message on the Admin Brian's page and ask him to turn on PMs for you. They are restricted for new members because of past spam issues.

Best Wishes

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/