Thread: First 18 ft. x 54 in. Taiga Creek:

Default First 18 ft. x 54 in. Taiga Creek:

I just picked up my boat building materials from my shippers. It's some beautiful stuff! My first customer, will surely have a tough canoe. He's an adventurous guy, and I can't wait to see pictures/stories of this boat in action.

Though I will have to remain a bit proprietary about the construction and materials (just read my standing-paddle thread to figure out why), I will certainly post pictures of this rig after the dust settles.

Thousands of river miles of testing, thousands of lbs of meat and fish transported, dipnetting, tending gillnet, hauling freight, running whitewater, hunting, ect, I'm finally into production. It's a relief to finally be at this point. It took years to figure out logistics, materials of choice, to have an actual shop, and to have the time to BUILD BOATS!

Thanks for the teaser Mainer!

Posting without pics ......come on now!

I'll fix that real soon. I'm putting everything I've leaned, into this boat.

Wish you the best on your venture and hope it lets you live the life you desire.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Thanks for the "heads up" Mainer. Are there going to be bigger versions in the works? 20+ feet maybe.....

Mainer- Congratulations! I am sure the product will be great. You are a perfectionist and would not be putting a product out with your name on it if not what you expect it to be. Looking forward to seeing it (and ordering one sometime soon).

sound good can't wait to hear about the progress see the progress in photoes SID

Good on ya Mainer!!! Don't forget to cover 6...it's a tough world out there but good luck!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Good luck on your venture. I am sending good karma your way!

Good Luck, Mike!

And I'll second pipercub's request for a 21-footer, next.
    So, I can take the whole family and still be Kenai-legal.

Thanx, Dave.
    "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    I just picked up my boat building materials from my shippers. It's some beautiful stuff! My first customer, will surely have a tough canoe. He's an adventurous guy, and I can't wait to see pictures/stories of this boat in action.

Though I will have to remain a bit proprietary about the construction and materials (just read my standing-paddle thread to figure out why), I will certainly post pictures of this rig after the dust settles.

Thousands of river miles of testing, thousands of lbs of meat and fish transported, dipnetting, tending gillnet, hauling freight, running whitewater, hunting, ect, I'm finally into production. It's a relief to finally be at this point. It took years to figure out logistics, materials of choice, to have an actual shop, and to have the time to BUILD BOATS!
    Congratulations Mainer!! It will be awesome to see the final product and watch it's journeys..

Looking forward to the vides too....good luck Mainah...AYUH !!

So what is the projection of the project and pictures?
    Semper Fi and God Bless