Thread: Chamber Vacuum Maching

Default Chamber Vacuum Maching

I'm in the market for a Chamber Vacuum Machine. The Lodge across the river has a unit from Alaska Butcher & Equipment but the dang thing runs $3300. Anybody have any experience with the Vac Master Products? The VP215C runs about $1,000.

THX!

I've got one of the smaller vac master's and love it! Most that have them love them.

I have one that is about $2500 from AK B&E and it ROCKS! So much better than a bag-sucker vac.

I have the VP112 and package several hundred pounds of fish and game a year with no troubles so far.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

I've had a VP215 for about 8 months and have done a bunch of salmon, 1/2 a moose and 1/2 an elk. So far so good. I doubt that the quality of the machine is as good as what AK Butcher is selling, but its about 1/3 the price. Found mine at Home Depot.

As far as the quality of the finished product, it seems the same as what I've had out of my buddy's high end unit. Regardless, the crappiest chamber does a drastically better job than a sucker, plus the bags are better, cheaper and you can go a lot faster.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Pacific-23 on this forum has one that he was nice enough to let me use. It worked great when I used it and I would like to buy one myself. The VP210 is less than $800, and that is the model that I will be purchasing if I choose to do so!

Somewhere between lucky and extremely lucky

My father in law and I went in halfers on a MP-31x (I think its called) from ABS. It was about $2200 then. Had an issue with the sealing after about 6 months, took it back and ABS replaced it with no questions asked and threw in a case of 8x10 bags. That was almost 3 years ago. It now packages a minimum of 200+ salmon a year, halibut, 2 moose every fall, other game depending on our luck...we use it like crazy and it works awesome. Its an investment to be sure, might be worth trying to go in with someone you trust and split the cost- it definitely can handle all you throw at it.
    Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes. ~Wilde

I have the predecessor (SVP 10) to the VP215 that I got at ABE&S about 10 years ago. For high volume fish and game processing I highly recommend a chamber vacuum packer. It's probably paid for itself just in the savings on the bags and definitely on the frustration level. I found the folks at ABE&S to be very helpful and provided good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by cplne View Post
    I'm in the market for a Chamber Vacuum Machine. The Lodge across the river has a unit from Alaska Butcher & Equipment but the dang thing runs $3300. Anybody have any experience with the Vac Master Products? The VP215C runs about $1,000.

THX!
    VacMaster products are made in China now a days. Not what the old SVP's pre2009 were in quality. They are less expensive but also cheaper quality. There are other products like the MiniPack, VacUpack, or Sammic that are far better quality. One can expect a 8-15 year life span verses the Chinese units are about 2-4 years max with regular use.