Thread: Drew DM892, Any Tips

Default Drew DM892, Any Tips

This will be my 3rd hunt for moose any tips or help from someone who has hunted this area before would be appreciated. What kind of country is it my other 2 hunts were on the inoko river.

Unhappy DM892- Huslia and Dahkli Rivers

Quote Originally Posted by lynxx2004 View Post
    This will be my 3rd hunt for moose any tips or help from someone who has hunted this area before would be appreciated. What kind of country is it my other 2 hunts were on the inoko river.
    One of my guides thought he would skip guiding for once and go kill a monster up there a couple of years ago. He knows I was born in Huslia, but he didn't bother to ask about the area before he applied. After he got the permit I told him it's a tough hunt. Yah right he say's. 'I been guiding for moose almost as long as you' (quote) Well the Huslia has some very high banks up in the permit area. You couldn't download decent maps then, so it would be tough to find the lakes from your boat. And your not gonna find a more winding river. I hunt ed wolves up there and you can travel 30 miles as the crow goes but it will take the boat at least 200. Needless to say , after several thousand $ spent on Gas. he came back with no moose but found out how high the banks really are. Dahkli is a small river and can be jet boated if we have some rains before the hunt. Just know it will drop out of use overnight. Your best bet Is pay Joe Shuster $7,000 to drop you off.(last years price I think) Oh by the way there's a lot less moose up there. Not many wolves been taken the last few years and it's beginning to show.

Well I am glad to here its not a slamdunk that would take all the fun out of it!