Thread: Lujon- Your Inbox is Full

Default Lujon- Your Inbox is Full

Hey Jon, I want to send you a PM, clear some room, wouldja?

I pushed them around and cleared a little bit of room

The BAD thing about this forum, IMHO, is that when you think you have Deleted posts from your InBox, the system automatically Stores the old trash and counts it against your total. There is no Empty The Trash link and it is awkward to remove so daily I see posts from Full InBox problems...so simple to fix too if your web master is up to snuff.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

When I delete a pm it's gone for good, and does not count against my total of messages...
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by Tearbear View Post
    When I delete a pm it's gone for good, and does not count against my total of messages...
    Same here............and I think the webmaster is pretty "up to snuff"......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    The BAD thing about this forum, IMHO, is that when you think you have Deleted posts from your InBox, the system automatically Stores the old trash and counts it against your total. There is no Empty The Trash link and it is awkward to remove so daily I see posts from Full InBox problems...so simple to fix too if your web master is up to snuff.
    That hasn't been my experience at all. When I have gone to delete messages to make room, it was pretty simple and quick. No hidden messages stored after I deleted them.

EDIT: I just went in to delete a couple. Just selected the two I wanted deleted and selected "delete" from the dropdown menu at the bottom. The total count in my inbox went directly from 33 to 31 as soon as I did this. No other folders to deal with or hidden files counting against me.

Roger, can you take a screenshot of the process that you're referring to? I've never had an issue in my PM box with deleted messages being stored in a trashcan and needing to be deleted a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Roger, can you take a screenshot of the process that you're referring to?
    Maybe he's not "up to snuff enuff" to take a screenshot...
    "Grin and Bear It"

Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

It's empty now. Not sure why mine "defaults" to storage in trash. A real PITA.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Just looking at mine, I don't even have a "trash" folder. The only folders that I have (created by default when I set up the account) were "inbox" and "sent".

If there was no link to empty the trash, how did it get emptied? I would like to have seen evidence of this mystery trash can.
    "Grin and Bear It"

If there was no link to empty the trash, how did it get emptied? I would like to have seen evidence of this mystery trash can.
    I had to go into the "Stored" file and delete again. A real PITA to figure out why my in box was always Full when there was nothing in it.

I had to go into the "Stored" file and delete again. A real PITA to figure out why my in box was always Full when there was nothing in it.
    Maybe the 'folder controls' for your inbox are broken? No one else here seems to have this problem...
    "Grin and Bear It"

Roger,...check the boxes on the right of messages you wish to delete, then click the selected messages link below, then make sure you check the delete box next, then at the bottom click the proceed option, and then all your problems should be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by iyouktug View Post
    Roger,...check the boxes on the right of messages you wish to delete, then click the selected messages link below, then make sure you check the delete box next, then at the bottom click the proceed option, and then all your problems should be solved.
    I am generally a KISS type person...jumping through hoops is SOOO unnecessary IMHO. This is squarely on the Web Master's shoulders. Four clicks to Delete??? Why is all I have to say.

I am generally a KISS type person...jumping through hoops is SOOO unnecessary IMHO. This is squarely on the Web Master's shoulders. Four clicks to Delete??? Why is all I have to say.
    You do realize that they are using a software package developed by an out side source. The people in charge of running this site did not design it, they just provide content. Really, it isn't all that hard to delete a message. If the message is open, at the bottom, you just click the box to delete the message and click "delete this message". 2 clicks. From the main message page, it might take 4 clicks, but really, 2 extra clicks is too much work once a week/month?

Roger, when you select multiple messages to delete, is this what you see?

I tried to replicate what you're describing, and the only way I can do so is if I leave the first option selected as "move to folder". That's the first option, so if you don't change anything, that's what will happen - it will move to another folder, then you'll have to go in there and delete the messages. If you select "delete", however, you should just need to click once and your messages will be completely deleted with no further action necessary.