Thread: Delta Bison

Default Delta Bison

I just returned from the hunt of a lifetime! I drew Delta Bull Bison for the 2013-14 year and finally filled the tag! This hunt was much more difficult than i had anticipated, but fun none the less! Was able to get a shot at the patriarch bull of the heard of 30 we located. After 6 shots through the pump station, the bison was down!DSC_1135.jpgDSC_1125.jpgshot off "U" Tract on the schultz property.
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

That guy is huge! Congratulations, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by joefish00000 View Post
    I just returned from the hunt of a lifetime! I drew Delta Bull Bison for the 2013-14 year and finally filled the tag! This hunt was much more difficult than i had anticipated, but fun none the less! Was able to get a shot at the patriarch bull of the heard of 30 we located. After 6 shots through the pump station, the bison was down!DSC_1135.jpgDSC_1125.jpgshot off "U" Tract on the schultz property.

Joe I'm happy I could help you pack it out! A great way to spend a Sunday! What a bull and congrats again.

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by joefish00000 View Post
    Wow, I gotta say I'm jealous and I am sure I am not alone. That picture is great too. It really shows how massive those things really are. I can't help but notice it looks like you got a little scope kiss on the nose. What were you shooting? 416? 375 perhaps? How much did the quarters weigh?

Congrats on the fine bull, and for sticking in there until you made it happen.

I think he confessed to the kiss in an earlier post awhile back... ;-)

Thank you so much for the help! the meat is ageing in a garage, ill send some your way soon!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Russp17 View Post
    Joe I'm happy I could help you pack it out! A great way to spend a Sunday! What a bull and congrats again.

Russ
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

I was shooting a 300win mag that was not my gun, and i wasnt neccisarily comfterble with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Wow, I gotta say I'm jealous and I am sure I am not alone. That picture is great too. It really shows how massive those things really are. I can't help but notice it looks like you got a little scope kiss on the nose. What were you shooting? 416? 375 perhaps? How much did the quarters weigh?

Dang, next time try to shoot a big one. Awesome bull.

Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Nice bull, Congrats!
    "Grin and Bear It"

Great hunt! Congrats on the hunt of a lifetime! Sooooo does that mean since you have a full freezer for a couple years you gonna give the rest of us a chance at drawing? Haha

Release Lake Trout

Ha are you kidding, this guy drew a Goat tag for this up coming fall... he's on a Roll, better keep going while the going is good

Meat for 3 years?
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

Nice bull. Looks like the same area that I got mine in (U tract Schultz).
    Don't be fooled by how much meat you get, I gave away a little to much and ran out after a little over a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkay View Post
    Meat for 3 years?