Thread: Fishing lakes on the Kenai

Smile Fishing lakes on the Kenai

Hello all Its been forever since I have been on the pc. I was just curious about fishing hidden lake and crescent lake? I will be coming home to visit after being gone for 6 years. Anyhow can anyone give me any info on what to use for trolling in hidden lake for lakers? Also how far of a hike is it to crescent lake and would a fly rod be ideal for catching Grayling? also any recomendations on colors or patterns so on and so forth

Please anyone with any information that can help me out I would appreciate it

P.S. I cant wait to come home even though it is only gonna be for 2 weeks this time I have missed it so much. Of course while Im there im gonna catch some reds on the Kenai as well

Thanks all
    John

Grayling = perfect fly rod fish

Use stimulators, tangle lake teasers, elk hair caddis, and smallish wet flies like partridge and peacock
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

cresent is the best, but not open until july
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

Default Thanks for the Info

Thanks for the replys guys . Does anyone have any info on Hidden lake and what works well? My brother has a little boat and wants to take it up there when I come up on Vacation. He is not sure what to use for trolling, and all I ever did was Ice fish on Hidden. I cant wait to get up there I have been counting the days since I bought the Plane tickets (back in Jan. hehe).

Thanks again
    John

i'm not an expert on hidden, but i think the basic ways to fish are: bait on the bottom, trolling hot shots, or vertical jigging. i know some guys who like to troll hot shots and they do well at times.
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

Thanks for the information guys I just have one more question. How far of a hike is it to cresent and how bad of a hike? good trail, exc. exc.

Thanks again
    John

Thumbs up

It is around 7 miles round trip to crescent lake. Uphill going in of course with a gain of about 3500 feet. Your can rent the horses in quartz creek and ride it but for the money they will fly you out of moose pass for 200 a person. Senic mountain air. Your best bet is to rent the USFS cabin there for the night 40 bucks i think. They have a boat there for you to use also. fly rods work great there but if the wind picks up have an ultra light spinning rod fo back up. Mepps 0-1's knock them dead. All types of dry flys work and bead head princess nymphs slayed them also.
    Fish on