Thread: Grant Aviation vs Penair

Default Grant Aviation vs Penair

Last year Grant took over Penair's routes on the Peninsula. Penair's service had gotten terrible, I figured Grant would make things better. Boy was I wrong. It actually got much worse. Luckily I found much better service directly out of Anchorage to points on the Peninsula thereby completely eliminating the goat rope in King Salmon.
    I've never had any previous experience with Grant. Do they also operate as poorly in other areas they service? I'm reluctant to give them another try.

Who's the much better Service ?

Quote Originally Posted by wags View Post
    Do they also operate as poorly in other areas they service? I'm reluctant to give them another try.
    After flying with Grant a couple of times between Kenai and Anchorage, my wife and I swore we'd never fly with ERA again. Grant treats it's customers like they are important ..... even holding a flight for a few minutes when possible. You can show up 35 minutes before the flight with ERA and your seat might already be sold to someone else. Our vote is for Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by wags View Post
    Last year Grant took over Penair's routes on the Peninsula. Penair's service had gotten terrible, I figured Grant would make things better. Boy was I wrong. It actually got much worse. Luckily I found much better service directly out of Anchorage to points on the Peninsula thereby completely eliminating the goat rope in King Salmon.
    I've never had any previous experience with Grant. Do they also operate as poorly in other areas they service? I'm reluctant to give them another try.
    I fly to Anchorage From Kenai and back each month for my slope job. Grant is hands down the best airline I have ever delt with.
    I would rather walk to Anchorage than fly with ERA but due to forum rules I won't elaborate.
    Grant treats us slope workers great.
    The pilots are great and they always treat us right.
    They have held flights for me when my plane to Anchorage was arriving late.
    They messed up once and lost my reservation. Based solely on my word they agreed they must have messed up and were going to buy me a seat on ERA. Then They had a no show and I was able to make my regular Grant flight.
    I wouldn't hesitate to fly Grant anywhere they fly.
    You must have caught them on a very bad day or something odd was up.

I will agree that Grant has some great pilots, but they continually overbook out of King Salmon. Knowing full well that they won't be able to get everyone out. Then they send you to a $260 crappy hotel that's full. I've found it way better to bypass King Salmon.
    I've been using Lake Clark Air, I've also heard good reports about Snowshoe ( I don't think Snowshoe is out of Anchorage though).

I have no experience with Grant flying anywhere but between Kenai and Anchorage, but I have ALWAYS been happy with Grants service. Like KasilofChris, I swore I would never fly ERA again, and would rather hitchhike then get on another ERA flight.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

I agree grant out of kenai has been great. Maybe they are still working out links in king salmon? Perhaps local staff is less concerned about customer service than staff at other hubs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk