Tips I have gleaned from years of trolling and a couple of trips north.
1. Nobody minds if you sleep in the airport a half a night when you arrive to save a couple bucks.
2. You can slip over to Ship creek which is right in town and rent salmon gear. You can be salmon fishing within 1hr of landing.
3. I ALWAYS wish I brought more sweets.
4. Search the forums before you tell us you have a tag but have never seen the TMA!
5. If a hungry fly would land on the carcass, you left too much meat on it.
6. Figure out your freezer options PRIOR to going into the field.
7. Success could double the cost of your hunt, be prepared.
8. Most bush planes have not yet installed the ATM's so frequently found down south, be prepared with cash.
9. Weigh advice from this site carefully, a seemingly insignificant post could save your hunt.
10. Dead people don't eat caribou or take photos. What I mean is: Protect your life, then pack for fun.