Thread: Pre-Solo Exam

Default Pre-Solo Exam

Just finished my Pre-Solo Exam that my instructor sent over. Flying tomorrow and feel great about the opportunity to Solo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations and good luck.
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook

Supporting Member

Congratulations! You'll never forget that first solo. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Snopro81 View Post
    Just finished my Pre-Solo Exam that my instructor sent over. Flying tomorrow and feel great about the opportunity to Solo!

Wear a shirt or at least a Tee-shirt underneath that you would not mind loosing...
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Is that tradition still alive?
    "f/64 and be there"

Absolutely! I still have my "tail" from my solo. It is one of my most treasured memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice, remember life is expensive and ammo is cheep!

well the weather couldn't be any better! Enjoy it.

Great day for flying how did it go???????
    DENNY

Default Pre-Solo Exam

I was more than hopeful but the winds didn't help me get to solo. Need crosswind landings before solo can be signed off and there were none to be found today. Winds calm all day! I'm bummed.

I did spend the afternoon getting frustrated with radio calls.... Everyone kept stepping on my calls at IYS but what I didn't realize until coming back to BCV that no one could hear me because the mic wasn't activating... There is a pig tail on left seat for a gps/mic hookup that was unplugged and our plane's mic button doesn't function without it. Silly mistake and I appreciate the patience of the other pilots I flew around.. Even a Citation jet that I followed into IYS.... I will never allow that to happen again..

I will be dreaming of crosswind landings tonight.

Does your radio have an indicator light that comes on when you key the mic or can you adjust your squelch to hear the mic when the switch is depressed and relaxed? I know that you are busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest at this point in your training but these tests can be conducted before you take flight.

Not sure on the light but I will look. It will be on things to do list so hopefully it doesn't happen again. I will have to play with the squelch as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

My first plane was a pacer with a IFR dash with lots of buttons and stuff to push to make the coms work right. I spent a fair amount of time talking to only myself when I first started flying. Not to long ago I turned the volume down on my radio for some reason and could not figure out why no one in the pattern was making calls. Your solo is going to happen at just the right time for some great spring flying!! You never seem to stop learning in this game.
    DENNY

Well my first Solo was in a PA-28-140 39 years ago, at Waterford Airport, Waterford CT- The airport has since been bulldozed over and is nothing but a weed field for the last 30 or so years. The tail of my T-shirt was hanging on the wall at the School there. I was off in OR flying at the time. Good luck to you on your Solo, its a mile stone you can never repeat. Mine came close when I transitioned to helicopters but it was not the same a had almost 4000 hours in my logbook at the time. Enjoy the moment.