Thread: Lower 48 ammo update

Default Lower 48 ammo update

Well I was at a Cabelas store in MN and they were full up with rifle and pistol ammo. They had some CCI mini mag .22lr for 8.99 per hundred. they also had some kind of off breed .22lr for 54.00 a brick. they had every CCI, WInchester and Remington primers there are along with some Federal primers. Powder was not good at all. the shelf was full of 4064 and 4350 and that was about it. I hope things get better for you up there! Now I would like to see some pistol powder on the shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    I hope things get better for you up there!
    Things won't really get significantly better until all the backorders are fulfilled for all the big volume chain stores down there. We're at the very end of the supply chain up here.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    Well I was at a Cabelas store in MN and they were full up with rifle and pistol ammo. They had some CCI mini mag .22lr for 8.99 per hundred. they also had some kind of off breed .22lr for 54.00 a brick. they had every CCI, WInchester and Remington primers there are along with some Federal primers. Powder was not good at all. the shelf was full of 4064 and 4350 and that was about it. I hope things get better for you up there! Now I would like to see some pistol powder on the shelf!
    $54 for a brick....just....can't....believe....it.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

$54 for a brick, ain't BETTER, up here or anywhere.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

It was nice to see the shelves full of ammo. .223 was stacked hi and there was a ton of it. there was a ton of 9mm as well. Also the shelves were full of rifle ammo as well. A few months ago the shelves were bare. the .22lr thing is out of control to say the least. Its nice to see the price of .223 coming down as well. Now I need some powder and life will be good. Things are not good out there yet but are getting better except .22lr

I travel around the western states quite a bit and always for check 22lr. I still see empty shelves most common calibers are stocked but only with one maybe two varieties. Local Wal-Mart has 223 45 and 9mm other than that your just lucky.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I was at my first Maryland gun show yesterday. Lots of 22 LR for outrageous prices, but nobody was buying it. I was happy to see that.

I did find a box of 300 weatherby ammo for 20 bucks!

The stores around here have most of the hunting ammo stocked up, lots of 223, but powder is almost non existent. I have to go every week to see what they've got. And I really have to need it because there is a 5 pound limit on how much powder you are allowed to own at a time.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

I went to the Orlando Bass Pro on Thursday (2/20) and the Tampa Gander Mountain on Friday (2/21). Bass Pro was completely wiped out on anything reloading related. I mean wiped out as in shopping for bread in the former Soviet Union. I saw two bags of 45 brass and a few boxes of projectiles. Nothing else. Loaded ammo, however, was the complete opposite. They had quite a bit of everything, well most of your common calibers anyway. Everything, including AK and AR ammo was at or above $1 per round for the cup and core stuff and went up from there. I saw NO rimfire ammo. Gander Mountain was much the same on reloading stuff as well as on loaded ammo prices, but I think they had a better selection, and a deeper inventory of loaded ammo. The local Mall Warts is still stripped clean of virtually everything except for shot shells and heavy caliber rifle ammo. I saw 338 for 20 something a box. What they had, they had less that a five boxes of each.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Things won't really get significantly better until all the backorders are fulfilled for all the big volume chain stores down there. We're at the very end of the supply chain up here.
    We're not even on the supply chain. We're on the supply rope!

Went to a small family owned hardware store the other day and they had some Federal 22 long rifle in stock in 50 boxes. They put a limit of 4 boxes on them and that come to 11 dollars and some change for 4 boxes. I got 4 boxes and my son and daughter in law got 4 boxes each. My grand daughter will get to shoot a little one of these days. I am friends with the owner and some of the sales persons in the store and they told me these shells had been on order for over a year. A couple days later I run into another friend and we was talking about the shortage and he pulled a box of 22's out of his truck and they was packaged 40 per box. They have cut 10 rounds out of the boxes. It was a name brand but I don't remember what brand it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Cast Iron View Post
    A couple days later I run into another friend and we was talking about the shortage and he pulled a box of 22's out of his truck and they was packaged 40 per box. They have cut 10 rounds out of the boxes. It was a name brand but I don't remember what brand it was.
    I have some 20 year old American Eagle .22lr made by Federal that was packaged 40 to a box. So I wouldn't read anything into this.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Years ago I had some of the same American Eagle 22s in the 40 round box. Pulled out a box just to make sure. Yep 40 rounds. Copper plated HP, nice plastic tray.

This may be what he had. I do not remember the brand. I did not know they had ever packaged a 40 round box of 22 ammo. I do remember the American Eagle ammo and had some of it. I do not remember it being 40 round boxes.