Thread: 264 Win Mag

Question 264 Win Mag

I just picked up a Winchester Model 70 in 264 Win mag and was wondering if anybody had any reloading experience with one. I all got dies, brass and bullets with the purchase. Just wondering what powder/powders work best. I am a member of LoadData.com but was just looking for some first hand info if available. Also most of the bullets I got are 140 grn but I did get one box of 130 grn. Thanks in advance.

My dad used IMR4350 in the family 264. 140g Sierra SPBT. They were not max loads as those loads would not let the bullet stabilize and would erode the throat.

Thanks AK Ray, I have plenty of IMR 4350. I want be pushing mine at max either.

Retumbo is the powder to use! U.S 869 is another one. Be careful the 264 is prone to pressure spikes!

264 Win is a great cartridge. Did you all see Nosler has come out with their contribution to barrel burners? The 26 Nosler, sort of a Ruger 375 necked down to 264 (based off the 404 Jeffery).

Thanks guys,

I haven't looked at the 26 Nosler yet, in fact I really wasn't looking for a 264 Win mag either but I couldn't turn it down for the price. I think it will be a fun rifle though.