Thread: Ling charter out of Homer

Default Ling charter out of Homer

We are looking at taking a Ling charter this summer out of Homer. Who is a captain that is good at finding Lings? We have a smaller boat that we fish halibut out of so Halibut is not a concern. Thanks for your help!

You should consider Ron Hurley of in 2 fishin charters. http://www.in2fishin.com/
    He has a nice 32' Bayweld and routinely goes out to the lingcod and rockfish grounds out of Homer. Super nice guy who catches a lot of big fish.
    I also know he uses a lot of really nice jigs.lol
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Mike Mann from Mann's charters. Guy knows his stuff. He was recommended to me by several forum members a few years ago. You will not be disappointed in his ability to find lings.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Went out on Ron's boat last year and caught some really nice ling cod. We had a back up captain and normally that would have bothered because we didn't know until that morning but Mike was great and we caught some really nice fish.

to late the best are booked try 2015 start now. Best of luck, Mike is booking two other boats to run with him. Just a note I would not book under him because I could not keep up

Just curious, how far is the run for lings out of Homer on average??

You could try Captian Steve as well, bit I bet he is booked. One of his clients caught the world record Ling on his boat.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    We are looking at taking a Ling charter this summer out of Homer. Who is a captain that is good at finding Lings? We have a smaller boat that we fish halibut out of so Halibut is not a concern. Thanks for your help!
    If Manns is booked, Try some of the younger guys in the fleet, David Bayes with Deep strike charters, Or Ben With north Country and the fringe benefit , The fish is very easy to catch and these younger guys out of homer get off on boat loads of them!! I took it off my website, But thats neither here nor there.. Good luck and bring a pillow its a bit of a run!!cheers