Thread: Anchorage cost of FEDERAL "PREMIUM" Safari .300 Win. Mag. 180gr.

Default Anchorage cost of FEDERAL "PREMIUM" Safari .300 Win. Mag. 180gr.

I would appreciate some HELP.........I am looking for what .300 Win. Mag. ammo in FEDERAL "PREMIUM" Safari Grade (180 gr. nosler partition) would sell for in Anchorage, Alaska. Also is it readily available..........????

Thank you for any help you can offer.

I don't know if it's the Safari Grade, but I shoot the Federal Premium 180 grain Nosler Partitions for my .300 Win Mag. It used to be fairly available 6 months ago in Anchirage for about $49-$54 a box, but I haven't seen it around as much lately.

Thank you that is helpful information.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_JR View Post
    I don't know if it's the Safari Grade, but I shoot the Federal Premium 180 grain Nosler Partitions for my .300 Win Mag. It used to be fairly available 6 months ago in Anchirage for about $49-$54 a box, but I haven't seen it around as much lately.

My daughter called last night and mentioned she bought her husband 5 boxes of the ammo in question at the BX on Elmendorf for $42 a box just a couple of days ago. The BX pretty much gets all their guns and ammo through the same distributor that most of the stores use in Anchorage.

Thank You for helping me.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Pit View Post
    My daughter called last night and mentioned she bought her husband 5 boxes of the ammo in question at the BX on Elmendorf for $42 a box just a couple of days ago. The BX pretty much gets all their guns and ammo through the same distributor that most of the stores use in Anchorage.

You don't have to take anyone's word for it, just let your fingers do the walking. One phone call and you have the answer.

His cell phone reception is spotty sitting in his sniper hide overlooking the Hope Hwy ensuring none of those pesky Anchorage folks are sneaking in stealing all the residents of hope food supply. LOL I guess you guys don't recall the book he was writing

Having worked for eight years at GNG, I pretty much loath phone shoppers. It is not a big deal anyway. Shopping on-line it appears that $57.00 to $63.00 is closer to market value. And besides, if I call five retail gun stores and ask, my guess is they will say, "$67.95 however we don't have any for sale, and we do not know what the cost will be when we get some, or when we will get some".

Quote Originally Posted by dkwarthog View Post
    You don't have to take anyone's word for it, just let your fingers do the walking. One phone call and you have the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    His cell phone reception is spotty sitting in his sniper hide overlooking the Hope Hwy ensuring none of those pesky Anchorage folks are sneaking in stealing all the residents of hope food supply. LOL I guess you guys don't recall the book he was writing
    I look forward to reading it if AGL publishes it. Sounds like a pretty interesting book, especially with the local setting. Always room on my shelf for fiction by local authors.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Having worked for eight years at GNG, I pretty much loath phone shoppers. It is not a big deal anyway. Shopping on-line it appears that $57.00 to $63.00 is closer to market value. And besides, if I call five retail gun stores and ask, my guess is they will say, "$67.95 however we don't have any for sale, and we do not know what the cost will be when we get some, or when we will get some".
    Ahhh, that makes sense. Thanks.

Well.........your BUDDY now owns my sniper'rifle, which he stole at a very low price. But it is OK, he seems like a nice young man. So now all I have is a girlie .243 Winchester for RECON. It will be OK, as long as "Alder'Team" can hold the Canyon Creek bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post

Well.........your BUDDY now owns my sniper'rifle, which he stole at a very low price. But it is OK, he seems like a nice young man. So now all I have is a girlie .243 Winchester for RECON. It will be OK, as long as "Alder'Team" can hold the Canyon Creek bridge.
    LOL if you say so wrong sling studs, wrong follower and 40lbs of bird shot hotglued into the forearm of the synthetic stock I have no idea what your idea of steal is but ok....

A fella on another forums know alot about these stainless steel model 70's this is what he had to say about the model 70's

"I can tell you this, they are both rare, along with the 7STW. The first 300RUM's were a special order limited run ordered up by Scheels in 2000. Scheels was taking orders at the time, and I ordered one. I don't know how many total orders there were, but the local store had several left for sale after orders were fulfilled, and after those were gone, I've NEVER seen another one since! Then Winchester listed the 300RUM as a catalogued item in 2001 and 2002. The 300 Weatherby was discontinued when the 300RUM was introduced as a regular production item. I still have that 300RUM, and two 300 Weatherbys in the Stainless Classics. A 300 Weatherby sold recently in the classifieds here. But, while I have no hard facts to back this up, if pressed, I would say the 300RUM is more difficult to find. Still, the 300RUM was actually available for three years, counting the special run in 2000 for Scheels.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 7STW isn't as rare, or even more rare, than the two 300's. But the rarest of all the Stainless Classics has to be the .223 and the 270 Weatherby. I've seen .223's, as I recollect, but wasn't smart enough to pick one up. The 270 Weatherby, I've never even seen of one of those! I need one of those bad!"

"It was a pizzzy awful night, 33* above, wind 40 to 55 MPH straight out of the NNE. No one said a word, but we knew the driving Oct. rain would be heavy wet snow shortly. We were trying to "Man'up" for the hellish slog up Slate Creek at predawn, we knew none of us would survive the winter up there, but someone needed to secure the supplies. I painfully ordered Ivory'Joe to hold the Canyon Creek bridge, Sealskin'Charlie to hold the Hope Airport, and Tuffy'Rubenski to take six men and re-secure Ingram Creek. We were still grieving the loss of seven men who gave it all to hold Ingram Creek nine days ago.

I would lead four men all pushing seventy years of age up to Slate Creek Cache. We would each pull two sleds up Summit Creek, and approach Slate Creek pass from the back.

It had all started with the drought in California. Food prices had raised 400 percent, DHS was crushing all union strikes with extreme force to set a clear example of who the "Big'Dog" is. When the Teamsters & Long Shore-men signed the joint contract to strike for an eighty-six percent pay raise, That, or really five days after was when Hell came to America".

Quote Originally Posted by dkwarthog View Post
    I look forward to reading it if AGL publishes it. Sounds like a pretty interesting book, especially with the local setting. Always room on my shelf for fiction by local authors.

Put me down for a copy when its done, agl4now, it sounds interesting. I can tell from the things you've posted here that you know that area like the back of your hand and feel at home there.

"It was a pizzzy awful night, 33* above, wind 40 to 55 MPH straight out of the NNE. No one said a word, but we knew the driving Oct. rain would be heavy wet snow shortly. We were trying to "Man'up" for the hellish slog up Slate Creek at predawn, we knew none of us would survive the winter up there, but someone needed to secure the supplies. I painfully ordered Ivory'Joe to hold the Canyon Creek bridge, Sealskin'Charlie to hold the Hope Airport, and Tuffy'Rubenski to take six men and re-secure Ingram Creek. We were still grieving the loss of seven men who gave it all to hold Ingram Creek nine days ago.

I would lead four men all pushing seventy years of age up to Slate Creek Cache. We would each pull two sleds up Summit Creek, and approach Slate Creek pass from the back.

It had all started with the drought in California. Food prices had raised 400 percent, DHS was crushing all union strikes with extreme force to set a clear example of who the "Big'Dog" is. When the Teamsters & Long Shore-men signed the joint contract to strike for an eighty-six percent pay raise, That, or really five days after was when Hell came to America".
    I'll take one!

AGL:
    You know I want a couple of copies but I want them autographed as well!
    BEE