Thread: sheep tag/caribou w/ Daughter need travel advice

Default sheep tag/caribou w/ Daughter need travel advice

My daughter and me drew DS715 any ram tag and DC590 i am one proud dad to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was planning on taking a boat up the Knik River and hiking in but i think that getting flown in would give us the best chance looking for any ideas references for people who could fly us in and out a couple times over the summer for scouting and then for the actual hunt. Or if there are any other ideas out there. thanks in advance.

Do you mean DS 175? congrats, what an awesome tag! Mike meekins would be the first pilot i would call. And i would do it very soon

I agree, I drew DS185 two years ago and Mike Meekin flew me into Friday Creek. Him and his son inlaw are super knowledgeable in that area, he has been flying there for over thirty years with an impeccable safety record. Also, I think he drew the metal Creek tag that same year. I have gotten my boat out to Friday CreekBut the Knik can get really confusing and shallow with all of those braids. You could also get a vehicle out to metal Creek but you will be limited to area you can cover. There are some pigs back in there and if you are wanting to increase your odds they would be the people to call. 907 745-1626. Congratulations on the tag, and good luck!

yes i am sorry it is tag DS157 i think i will give I'm a call how much does he charge

What he charges is worth the hunt... Tag of a lifetime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pick A Spot

Quote Originally Posted by nat85501 View Post
    yes i am sorry it is tag DS157 i think i will give I'm a call how much does he charge
    I think I paid $750.00 total for drop off and pick up. It was a 40 min one way. Totally worth it!

yes it is defiantly worth the money and i will be calling him tomorrow thank for the help