Thread: DM830 Koyukuk

Default DM830 Koyukuk

I know there is a few old posts out there about DM830 and Koyukuk, but does anyone have any updated version on transporters, boat access, fly in areas to be dropped at? Any help would be appreciated, I really want my wife to have the hunt of a lifetime it is her tag afterall!

Thx,
    Orlin Rohde

There are a couple transporters in that area.Some transporters have boats for you to use.You cannot fly in this area it is restricted.

Charlie Green retired this year, but I'm sure he could line you out with someone else. Verify they are a licensed transporter whoever you use.

Brett

You can try and contact koyukon on here. He runs a operation similar to what Charlie had. Cost is somewhere in the neighborhood of $6500/person.

Yeap Charlie Green retired this past year. So that is going to put a big dent in things up there. There is an operation out of the village Huslia north of Galena. The Koy is a no fly zone so flying in is not an option in the area at all. I was up there last year with Charlie buddy the year before. I hate to see that he hung it up makes it tougher to gain access. Figure 8-10 grand for the trip is what I was out maybe more if your paying for two people. It is not a slam dunk hunt as most people believe if your not from the area. But it is a very good moose hunt still

Does anyone know how I can get a hold of Charlie to see if he can refer me to anyone?

Default DM830 Koyukuk

I'll PM you his number.

Actually I can't PM you, you don't have a mailbox. I don't feel comfortable about posting his # on a public forum, but you could probably find it pretty easily, just look up Charlie Green in Galena.

Trout burn,
    If you can try the PM now it should work. I messed up my profile before, but it should be working now. It's a pain in the butt doing this from Afghanistan.

$6500 a person screw that! I would go buy a boat and beg and plead with someone to let me tag along with them down the Yukon with them. Better yet beg and plead with Stid to go with you he knows that country pretty well.

Yeah, $6500 is a lot of money. I am all about paying to play, and I have heard you don't turn down this tag but I need some more information on what the cash pays for. I understand the logistics and the cost of fuel, and I wouldn't ever expect anyone to work for free. I really want to make this experience for my wife a great one so hopefully I can make it happen.

Default Koyukuk Transporter-guide

Quote Originally Posted by Rohdeiv View Post
    I know there is a few old posts out there about DM830 and Koyukuk, but does anyone have any updated version on transporters, boat access, fly in areas to be dropped at? Any help would be appreciated, I really want my wife to have the hunt of a lifetime it is her tag afterall!

Thx,
    Orlin Rohde
    PM me, I am still doing business up the Koyukuk.

Koyukon,
    Is there anyway I can email you direct? Not sure what the problem is but it won't let me PM you. My email is rohdeiv@gmail.com
    Thx,
    Orlin