Thread: DG006 - guide/outfitter recommendations

Default DG006 - guide/outfitter recommendations

I drew a goat tag for Unit 1 006 area. I didn't think I had a chance and wasn't planning on this. I was just looking booking a BC goat hunt.....

given my work and travel schedule, and due to the fact that I'm not from this part of alaska, I was wondering if I could get some recommendations for a guide for this area to increase my chances of success. Want to tackle this hunt as if it was a regular guided hunt typically booked.

any recommendations on how I should proceed forward with this approach?

thanks in advance!

Default Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jab7275 View Post
    I drew a goat tag for Unit 1 006 area. I didn't think I had a chance and wasn't planning on this. I was just looking booking a BC goat hunt.....

given my work and travel schedule, and due to the fact that I'm not from this part of alaska, I was wondering if I could get some recommendations for a guide for this area to increase my chances of success. Want to tackle this hunt as if it was a regular guided hunt typically booked.

thanks in advance!
    Talk to Johnnie at Muskeg Escursions. If your paying for services you'll need to hire a guide. I'm not sure about all the guide use area stuff so ask around about that. I'm going to be hunting that permit with my wife who won it. We live in Ketchikan and I've hunted a few goats over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by jab7275 View Post

thanks in advance!
    Ed Toribio with Primo Expeditions.........you really don't need a guide, but if you're set on it, give Ed a call!
    "Mountains are not fair or unfair, they are just dangerous" ~ Reinhold Messner

Quote Originally Posted by Bighorse View Post
    Talk to Johnnie at Muskeg Escursions. If your paying for services you'll need to hire a guide. I'm not sure about all the guide use area stuff so ask around about that. I'm going to be hunting that permit with my wife who won it. We live in Ketchikan and I've hunted a few goats over the years.

Ditto Johnnie Laird.

Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIRONDACK MTS.

Ed Toribio will certainly show you some nice goats and some beautiful country!

Go to website "HUNT TALK " Look up the story OAK wrote about the "LONESOME BILLY "

Thanks for the input...looks like the consensus are either of these two gentlemen. I'll make contact and see what they say.

Given my work schedule and my limited time to scout and get to know the area, probably best to just spend the money and get a guide. I was getting ready to book a goat hunt in B.C. anyway....

Good luck to those that drew tags this years!

There are 2 Guides that work that area that have Goat quota ... Ed and Sam Dalin.

Even though they both have allot of experience in Goat hunting in their home turf ... my pick would be with my Guide partner and long time friend Ed Toribio ... 907 225-8620 or cell 907 254-8620

Funny ... Ed also drew the tag ....