Thread: Phantom on the Little Delta River

Default Phantom on the Little Delta River

Anyone ever run a jetboat on the Little Delta in DM772? If so, how was it and where did you put in at? How far could you get? "RLTW"

I take it you drew this tag? My hunting buddy and i both drew this tag as we'll. have you ever been in this area? We did the winter moose hunt up there but no luck. Moose sign everywhere though.

You can put it just north east of Delta at Shaw Creek, just between Quartz lake and Birch Lake.

A few miles down the Tanana to the mouth of the Little Delta. I have heard there is an enormous log jam a mile or two up the Little Delta. It doesn't show on google satellite view, haven't been there myself.

Several years ago I floated out the little delta after being dropped off to do some work up stream. There was a hug log jam as swmn stated under 2 miles from the mouth. 90% of the water was flowing through the channel that was blocked by the jam. Talk about a major portage around that thing!

Get down, get deep, get snagged, fish on!
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Quote Originally Posted by jnjgaudette View Post
    I take it you drew this tag? My hunting buddy and i both drew this tag as we'll. have you ever been in this area? We did the winter moose hunt up there but no luck. Moose sign everywhere though.
    Yes, me and a friend drew this tag so just seeing if anyone that has info will share. Two years ago I harvested a cow in 773 but haven't been over in this area yet. Thanks.

Anyone have any information on this log jam on the river still? can we bring some chain saws and have at it?