Thread: I drew DY416 need info!!!

Default I drew DY416 need info!!!

First try and I drew!! Need some info on the area and ideas on timing and where to go! My first yeti tag and I am excited!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    First try and I drew!! Need some info on the area and ideas on timing and where to go! My first yeti tag and I am excited!!
    Start here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ne...a29abcd0cc86de
    "Your papers are not in order"

Set up a bait station at any watering hole in the Matsu. Preferred bait is cheap red wine.
    Good luck, they're not hard to bag.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Your going to need a new gun for sure. Possibly a 50BMG, probably some new arctic gear in the Kryptek snow camo. Night vision googles, and maybe one of them fancy Russian Yeti dogs. Even with the cost of all this new gear make sure you don't let that take go to waste.

Awesome! I've put in for that for years and always come up short. I second the NVGs are a must. I'd try to get some Cold War surplus Ukrainian RPGs to up your chances of spotting AND harvesting a yeti. Again, congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumbs down

Brwnbr you are just ridiculous, putting in for a valuable tag like that and you obviously know nothing of either your quarry nor your hunting area. There are many of us that have put in years after years for that yeti tag. We've hiked its grounds, know its habits, and have even named a couple of them. For shame, Brwnbr!

Sweet tag! My pard and I drew a DIY907 this year. I can think of many worse!

I have a DY458.lott need help! Do I go X or nosler?? Please help lol

Default "Me Too!"

I drew DY416 as well! That's a great area! Since I know precisely where and when to go, best way to get there, what to wear, what rifle is best, what ammo for the rifle, so on and so forth, I'll drop you a pm with some special super secret info...

You must be totally stoked!
    "Grin and Bear It"

I got a blow up doll and Elizabeth Taylor perfume' since I'll be hunting the rut. I had heard that a decoy is very effective. I did get the doll with a warranty in case a smaller non shooter yeti comes in and "damages" it! I will spray paint the back half of the doll white so the fleshy color won't spook any mature booners from a distance! Thanks for everyone's help!

My number one draw choice was an area my best friends sisters brotherinlaws kid had seen a nice one years back, but I promise to make use of this tag and will do my research!! Thanks for the pm with the gps coordinates from the secret admirer....I did look those up on google earth and it's in the middle
    Of the state fair?! I should point out a yeti is not the same as a hairy redneck!
    Master guide 212

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AKMarmot View Post
    Your going to need a new gun for sure. Possibly a 50BMG, probably some new arctic gear in the Kryptek snow camo. Night vision googles, and maybe one of them fancy Russian Yeti dogs. Even with the cost of all this new gear make sure you don't let that take go to waste.
    Because regardless of what they say.. bigger is better, and while they will occasionally allow them self to be taken with a smaller gun, they will actively seek out the hunter with the biggest gun..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I got a blow up doll...
    Well at least you'll have some company...in case you get weathered in.
    "Grin and Bear It"

I got a blow up doll and Elizabeth Taylor perfume' since I'll be hunting the rut. I had heard that a decoy is very effective. I did get the doll with a warranty in case a smaller non shooter yeti comes in and "damages" it! I will spray paint the back half of the doll white so the fleshy color won't spook any mature booners from a distance! Thanks for everyone's help!

My number one draw choice was an area my best friends sisters brotherinlaws kid had seen a nice one years back, but I promise to make use of this tag and will do my research!! Thanks for the pm with the gps coordinates from the secret admirer....I did look those up on google earth and it's in the middle
    Of the state fair?! I should point out a yeti is not the same as a hairy redneck!
    You try deploying the doll at the state fair, you'll be sorry you didn't draw DHR001, cause you'll be swarmed.
    PS - I think I know your sister's brotherinlaw's kid and he's the biggest liar in the valley. I'd look for another area.

He might be a liar, he told me to wear the perfume.....
    I'm not looking for anyone secrets spots just some exact locations that you've seen yeti. I'm willing to hike in and rough it, and want to be within driving distance of anchorage for a great weekend hunt!
    Also what handgun do you guys recommend for self defense on this hunt as well?
    Master guide 212

...Also what handgun do you guys recommend for self defense on this hunt as well?
    This is one that I would recommend...

Attachment 76959Attachment 76960
    "Grin and Bear It"

He might be a liar, he told me to wear the perfume.....
    I'm not looking for anyone secrets spots just some exact locations that you've seen yeti. I'm willing to hike in and rough it, and want to be within driving distance of anchorage for a great weekend hunt!
    Also what handgun do you guys recommend for self defense on this hunt as well?

Only use for a handgun would be to pop yourself in the head, should you spill some of that perfume on your pantleg. I'd go with a 22, hollow point for the first shot followed by soild lead for followups.