Thread: Experience with this .308 ammo?

Default Experience with this .308 ammo?

A couple gifts, Got three boxes of Winchester Ballistic silvertip, 168 grain and two boxes of Federal Premium Sierra Gameking BTSP in 165 grain.

any experience hunting with these?
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Killers both- shoots flat a long way off. Great B.C.-
    Goo

Not much with the GKs…but the Ballistic Silvertips in a . 308WIN are awesome.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

My Game King experience mostly came in the flavor of 270 130 grainers. They killed big corn fed whitetails as well as any bullet out there. It's a different caliber but same design. They'll take care of business!

the expierence i've had with the balistic silvertips has been pretty good but i'm starting to look elsewhere....barnes and federal mostly. they do group really well and have a high BC. i've shot moose,bear,caribou,sheep,and wolf with ballistic silvertips and almost none of them have dropped on the spot, they dont go far but for some reason they just dont seem to pack the punch. granted i shoot behind the shoulder and not into the shoulder so its usually a lung punch. they also leave a pretty decent exit hole so blood trail never last long. had a bear ru maaayyybbeee 75 yards or so and thats been the furthest. not a bad bullet but you mihgt be able to do better.